All things pedal related.

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The valve drive is end of chain for me i am not using it as a overdrive or distortion. Sure there is many pedals that cover that. I bought this is a sweetner at the end the valve sound in a pedal. But the mistake i think i made is swap the koass pad with the quadraverb. The koass pad seems quite abrupt the quadraverb would smooth that out.

boombaxx wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm What do think of the way i have wired this. I have a behringer digital multi fx first. A behringer digital reverb 2nd third in the chain is an Alesis Quadraverb. 4th is a Korg Kaoss pad. 5th to round it all off an EBS Valve drive. Which way would you have it?
Connect them all to a patchbay, so you can change the routing easily. You might want to put the KP at the end of the effect chain or closer to the front, depending on which effects you are using. You never know when you're gonna want to run your reverb into your tube drive at high gain. I mean, you know you wanna try it. :)

I’ve picked up a couple more new boxes recently.

Strymon Nightsky. I’m not a subtle guy, and I like my reverbs huge and shimmery and obvious. This will replace most of what I use the BigSky for, except for the choral mode.

Hologram Microcosm. I didn’t think I needed this, considering I already have a bunch of sample buffer mangling effects by Chase Bliss and Red Panda, not to mention Hologram’s own Infinite Jets. But wow, I love Microcosm so much! There is so much variety packed into its algorithms! I could easily build up entire songs just from a few notes fed through different settings and layered up in a DAW.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

nice! that microcosm does look fun :tu:

I was thinking patchbay as well

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:58 pm
The Noodlist wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:57 pm Harley Benton announces three new guitar effects pedal power supplies.
https://www.musicradar.com/news/harley- ... r-supplies
ffs don't tell cpt :o
My world is shattered :o

My first impressions, comparing to the extant ISO-2/5/12 Pro range:
Pro:
- higher wattage (22,5W/21,6W/55,4W) than the ISO-2/5/12 Pro range (18W/18W/??W)
- power plug seems to take less space on a power output strip
- voltage switches now right next to the power outputs that offer higher voltages (seems less prone to user error)
- USB output included
Con:
- more expensive (still a killer deal IMHO).
- ISO-10AC Pro: lower amperage on 4 of the outputs (250mA instead of 300mA)
- some of the ISO2 range come with a Y-Cable (voltage doubler) of 5.5*2.1 mm coaxial plug to 2x 5.5*2.1 mm coaxial plug with length of 30 cm, the ISO-2AC doesn't
Pro/con depending on your needs:
- I assume the extant ISO-2/5/12 Pro range relies on the power plug for power transformation. If that's right, a defective transfo can be easily and cheaply replaced by ordering a spare HB power plug. The ISO-2AC Pro seems to have the transfo in the unit itself.
- LEDS right next to the outputs (same side panel of the box)
Last edited by cptgone on Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

And now I find this: a new Palmer PSU with the same exceptionally high amperage the Behringer Iso-2/5/13 Pro range (and most of the new Iso AC Pro range) offers.
Discounted, yet still more expensive though.
https://www.thomann.de/de/palmer_pwt_12_mk_2.htm

cptgone wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:15 pm - I assume the extant ISO-2/5/12 Pro range relies on the power plug for power transformation. If that's right, a defective transfo can be easily and cheaply replaced by ordering a spare HB power plug. The ISO-2AC Pro seems to have the transfo in the unit itself.
This is much better when playing live. The chance of an IEC cable getting unplugged - at either the unit or the wall - is a lot lower than with an external power supply.

I seem to have snatched a 2nd hand Mooer ABY mini-pedal, for cheaper than AliExpress will sell it.
I have 2 already, this one is for future use.

Someone is selling his DIY wooden pedalboard to me 8)
(If it wasn't for Covid, I might have made one myself - I would have needed to resort to a simpler design though)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That is a very cool pedalboard!
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

T-Rex Diva Drive is £45 at Hot Rox UK, Free Delivery.
https://www.hotroxuk.com/t-rex-diva-dri ... rtion.html

Not sure about getting it as don’t really need another JRC4558 pedal. Ordered it anyway. Build quality was the only negative from the reviews I read. It sounds flexible though from the demos.

EDIT: Having bought one, I can confirm that there are build quality issues with the pedal. Buy with caution.
Last edited by khanyz on Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Nice! Did I show you the video I made of the T-Rex Mudhoney?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2ZwbaecHPQ

I’m divided on the Mudhoney, and the dual one. Love the band, don’t really want their sound in a box though, but the pedals sound great. Prices are reducing so when it gets below £50 I’ll probably bite, preferably on the dual.

BTW I took the back off the Fuzz Frenzy but only got the bottom of the PCB. Not worth taking it apart to investigate further. Sounds great, if nuts, though. Push1/2 seem to be EQ modes with Push 1 having a lot more treble and Push 2 being darker. Sound is all dirt, starting at a lot and increasing, with a smooth top.

Aroma/Tom’sline Black Teeth is awesome, lots of gain with good noise levels. Modes are nicely different with Turbo being my fave.

Also got the EHX Germanium OD and it’s as good as expected. Took a bit to get used to the balance between Bias and Volts but it adds a lot to other pedals. The germanium transistor used is a NKT275.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

Return to “Guitars”