Lightweight effects. Your suggestions please.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Halonmusic wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:53 am Lightweight plugins? hmm as chk071 mentioned Klanghelm's plugins. Also Blue Cat's free plugins comes to mind. Also Full Bucket's line of plugins is very CPU friendly.
cheers

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:43 pm Your DAW stock ones, but I would rather suggest investing in PC upgrade or new machine, than spending money on lightweight plugins.

What are your PC specs, motherboard, processor?
I ordered another computer 2.0Ghz dual core 4gig RAM refurbished Dell (for £75!).
That's quite overpriced, you can get i5 2500 machine with 8 gb of RAM for that money second hand...
The PC i received actually was a 2.93Ghz dual core, but only 4 gb RAM.
Still too much. What actually died on your PC, power supply, mobo?

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:38 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 1:36 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:43 pm Your DAW stock ones, but I would rather suggest investing in PC upgrade or new machine, than spending money on lightweight plugins.

What are your PC specs, motherboard, processor?
I ordered another computer 2.0Ghz dual core 4gig RAM refurbished Dell (for £75!).
That's quite overpriced, you can get i5 2500 machine with 8 gb of RAM for that money second hand...
The PC i received actually was a 2.93Ghz dual core, but only 4 gb RAM.
Still too much. What actually died on your PC, power supply, mobo?
I dunno, it just won't turn on, it makes a beep when i try turn it on. Before it died it said something about "memory" so i dunno if its the RAM at fault.
My mate said check the RAM, try one stick at a time, but i haven't given that a go yet.

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 pm I dunno, it just won't turn on, it makes a beep when i try turn it on. Before it died it said something about "memory" so i dunno if its the RAM at fault.
My mate said check the RAM, try one stick at a time, but i haven't given that a go yet.
Try that, everything is better and cheaper than buying another machine, I find it strange you would do that in first place, PC can't just die altogether that easily, it's mostly part that can be changed.

Well it's a refurbished Dell in a very small box. I have built a couple of computers in the past but i'm no expert! Cheers

& it came with Windows 10 pre installed (it has a sticker with the license number on the box), but it doesn't have a Windows disc. I'm not doing anything now so i'll try the RAM now.

i can get all my software, including synths, on to a drive that weighs roughly the same as my smallest hw effect box.

I can't even get to the RAM! It looks like it's been designed to make it difficult to repair it yourself so that you have to send it back to their service centre for repair. (i did know that but i had forgot)
I thought about sending it back "well it's a PITA and an expense, and there's no guarantee that they can repair it at all or at a sensible price, and then maybe how long until it breaks again".
So i bought another cheap Dell as a temporary solution until i've saved to get a computer from Scan in a normal case and with a three year warranty and includes a USB diagnostic tool in case the computer's not working, and presumably a Windows disc.
Last edited by Spring Goose on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:24 pm i can get all my software, including synths, on to a drive that weighs roughly the same as my smallest hw effect box.
That's very impressive Vurt.

Return to “Effects”