Roland Jupiter X and XM (new synths)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm I'm tempted by the X, for my first hardware synth, after reading a book which suggest i get a hardware synth. I gotta save for it first, which will take a while.

I have a question: Can the faders be used for midi controller? I understand the keyboard can be used for midi controller, but not sure about the faders. Thanks.
Jupiter-X is software synth in a hardware box, so you can check all of the sounds by using their Zenology Pro vst softsynth.
Their JD-Xa is a hybrid analog/digital hardware synth.
Maybe check the new Arturia Polybrute, if you are interesting hardware synth.

anomandaris1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm I'm tempted by the X, for my first hardware synth, after reading a book which suggest i get a hardware synth. I gotta save for it first, which will take a while.

I have a question: Can the faders be used for midi controller? I understand the keyboard can be used for midi controller, but not sure about the faders. Thanks.
Jupiter-X is software synth in a hardware box, so you can check all of the sounds by using their Zenology Pro vst softsynth.
Yeah i know what Jupiter X is (i think), but my question is/was: can i also use Jupiter X as a midi controller keyboard including the faders? It would be my first hardware synth, for dance music. I thought this Jupiter X comprising 5 synths would be a good all-rounder. Thanks for replying.

I do like the look of it, but i think i might struggle to trust Arturia to give them £2000+ for my first hardware synth. I have V collection and Pigments.

anomandaris1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 pm Jupiter-X is software synth in a hardware box, so you can check all of the sounds by using their Zenology Pro vst softsynth.
Oh right, it just clicked what you were saying (sorry i can be a bit slow). Thanks.

If the jup x/xm is software in a box then this also applies to the digital section section jdxa .
Even my integra is software in a box , since the pcm synth( and srx boards ) are available as cloud srx plug's .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:13 pm

If the jup x/xm is software in a box then this also applies to the digital section section jdxa .
Even my integra is software in a box , since the pcm synth( and srx boards ) are available as cloud srx plug's .
But at least superNATURAL (jd-xa) isn't available for your computer?

Spring Goose wrote: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:06 pm

But at least superNATURAL (jd-xa) isn't available for your computer?
It is... And in the near future they will probably add even more synthesis technologies from their older synths. Btw, this supernatural thing is usually hyped in relation to their samples playability, idk why you are interested in it in relation to synth (and their samples are way worse than what is available for Kontakt, so who cares).

https://www.rolandcloud.com/roland-account/memberships/

(You are probably interested in Zenology Pro, so you can edit stuff.)

Here is more info on their "zen core" https://www.roland.com/global/promos/zen-core/

anomandaris1 wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 7:11 pm Jupiter-X is software synth in a hardware box, so you can check all of the sounds by using their Zenology Pro vst softsynth.
Any digital synth is a software synth in a hardware box.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”