Free Reason Rack (Lite) Plugin (Registered Focusright Hardware Owners) Till 18th Nov 2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I thought I'd log in to the Focusright website, something I rarely ever do, or have done over the past year and found this... which was a bit of a surprise. The first thing comes to my mind is that I have quite a few rack extensions which I still don't have an equivalent VST version of (U-HE's effects plugins) being the one and only exception. I'm pretty aware of the paid version of this Rack VST, but little of the Lite version. Can I use my paid for RE's with this in Studio One for instance without restrictions ? What's the difference between lite and full versions ?

Updated Post:
Reason Studios
Reason Rack Plugin Lite

Plug-in Collective’s community giveaway for September/October puts a wealth of powerful instruments and effects at the heart of your DAW. From 17th September to 18th November, Plug-in Collective members can download Reason Studios’ Reason Lite for free.

A slimmed-down version of the legendary Reason virtual studio, Reason Lite lets you run the full Reason Rack as a VST3/AU/AAX plugin in any Mac or PC DAW. The Rack plays host to 19 characterful devices, which can be used individually, or freely combined, connected and routed via Reason’s famous ‘backside’ patching interface to construct elaborate modular hybrids.
Plug-in Collective’s community giveaway for September/October puts a wealth of powerful instruments and effects at the heart of your DAW. From 21st September to 19th November, Plug-in Collective members can download Reason Studios’ Reason Lite for free.

A slimmed-down version of the legendary Reason virtual studio, Reason Lite lets you run the full Reason Rack as a VST3/AU/AAX plugin in any Mac or PC DAW. The Rack plays host to 19 characterful devices, which can be used individually, or freely combined, connected and routed via Reason’s famous ‘backside’ patching interface to construct elaborate modular hybrids. And support for Rack Extensions means your device list can be bolstered with any of over 700 add-on devices in the Reason Studios Shop at any time.

Reason Lite can also be deployed as a standalone music production application in its own right, enabling sequencing and editing of up to eight audio and/or MIDI tracks, with full access to the Rack and all its devices.

“This month sees a big collaboration between us and Reason Studios, as we offer up Reason Lite,” says Plug-in Collective Product Manager, Jonathan Campbell. “In the last few months, Reason Studios has released Reason 11, with one huge addition: the ability to use their famed Rack of instruments and effects as a VST plug-in!

“The Lite version comprises a whopping 19 Rack modules, including a number of mixing plug-ins and some of their famous instruments. My favourite is Subtractor, a super powerful polyphonic subtractive synth that’s fully featured and amazing for sound design."

“This is a real heavyweight offer that I’m confident you’ll get plenty of usage from.”

Plug-in Collective members can download Reason Lite for free from their Focusrite account from 21sh September to 19th November. Reason Lite can be upgraded to the full Reason 11 in the Reason Studios Shop for £239 – a saving of £70 on the regular price.

Plug-in Collective is a community hub that brings you, Focusrite and the most innovative software brands together. If you want to find great virtual instruments and effects, keeping up to date with the constant stream of new releases is essential, and Plug-in Collective makes it easy, with regular free software downloads and generous discounts on high-end plug-ins. To join Plug-in Collective, simply register any Focusrite hardware product, then look out for a new offer every couple of months. No one else works with software manufacturers like we do to bring you inspirational tools for your next production.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

If you are using it as a VST and have an RE you paid for, it should be no problem. The restrictions are more DAW based (using it as a DAW) and you only get a few built-in RE's and sounds/presets.

Sounds good if that's the case, it will mean that I'll be able to have Antidote and Predator re-united six years after I left them in 2014, in Studio One Pro 4.6.. among others like Buffree and Polar :-D.
I know they are gonna be tiny... at 1440P but I guess it's better than nothing.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Just a reminder that you have 6 days left to grab this for free, from your Focusrite account if you have one.

Anybody know if you had an older version of Reason if those instruments and Rack Extensions will work in the Lite Plugin?

djmino02 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:43 am Anybody know if you had an older version of Reason if those instruments and Rack Extensions will work in the Lite Plugin?
Yes in regard to any RE's you have bought....

I'm still running all my old Rack Extensions which I had acquired up to version 7 with the Reason 11 Lite version which you may know has it's own independent application as well as the Rack VST plugin. I've installed R11 Lite on Windows 10 now though, with Reason 7 installed on Windows 7 64 drive. Your question was one I was curious about too though but I have my doubts one can carry over the standard instruments you previously had available.

They have stripped certain one's out of Reason Lite deliberately, and so I'd imagine that if you really want access to all the devices you once had as a rack in another DAW, you'd have to purchase or upgrade the latest full Reason version to use the Rack as you would like to with everything else.

I just wonder if anyone has actually asked over on Reason Talk forums to confirm all this though as it seems strange to have everything else available in a previous version you still have, but not to be able to use in a new version, but I guess if that was the case, there really be any incentive to upgrade, if there's nothing significant being added or upgraded.

Antic would have been able to answer this probably maybe, but for some Reason he's been suspended for some reason..
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, thanks! I'm hoping they'll have a sale on Reason 11 here soon.

Return to “Instruments”