Cinematic/ ambient style track inspired by M83's older work

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, I hope you're all well.
I just finished this track and I'd appreciate it if you listened, maybe some general feedback, mixing?

Cheers,
Owen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09xbNt7dp6I

I really like this. It has a very Majestic feel to it.
Nicely arranged.
The only thing that stands out to me are the strings. They need to be more legato. You may just have your attack to quick. They just need to blend in more instead of a pause between each chord.
Overall though, excellent.
Well done Owen.
Regards.
Michael.

I listened, so i might as well say something :)
I enjoyed it but it felt like it ended very suddenly, i wasn't watching the clock and i didn't expect it to finish so quickly. I was a bit disappointed.

I got to agree with Mr Spring Goose above, it's to short.
I could easily go on for another minute or two, IMO.

Otherwise, well done!

First of all thanks for sharing this track, which I liked and enjoyed the listen. Your string/pads do need to overlap slightly as the short break between each chord disrupts the flow slightly. I liked the soft piano playing but then it ended abruptly and you could have easily extended this for a few more bars bringing the track to a more gentle conclusion. Mix sounds fine to me.

Comments aside I really liked this one.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

Great work and thanks for sharing. My only comment would have been about the strings which others have already pointed out. Aside from that, I really like the song. Felt like I was on a Disney ride.

Thank you all for taking the time to listen. The feedback is noted <3

Nice chord progressions and a cool stately feel! Agree with other comments. Well done! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”