Anyone know if Synapse Audio The Legend has been skinned yet?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No OBsession I'd take a stab at reskinning if I could. Even if I couldn't move stuff around. I find the GUI to be dark and drab with low contrast. Not doing any resource hacking though.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:01 pm No OBsession I'd take a stab at reskinning if I could. Even if I couldn't move stuff around. I find the GUI to be dark and drab with low contrast. Not doing any resource hacking though.
It doesn't really look like the Oberheim in my view.

It's not even about not looking like the Oberheim, that I could live with. I don't think The Legend looks very much like a Minimoog either. OBsession just does not have a good UI in any respect IMO. It's dark, not ugly but not appealing, the size, shape, and layout are all wrong. The workflow is terrible. Sound-wise it's a A. Looks and workflow, I'd grade it a C.

Yes, I remember starting a discussion on a rearranged layout, but it was ultimately rejected :hihi:

is it even allowed to hack dll.'s? AnX mentioned that the only way to modify skins is to hack the dll.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

No, it isn't. AFAIK, many developers turn a blind eye on it though, at least if all you do is to modify the skin. I'd rather ask before I do anyway though. That's the least you can do.
Last edited by chk071 on Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I were a developer, I would not want others to mess with my GUI's, that's for sure.
Maybe SA can make an alternative, bright skin on their own. Brushed metal would look good and fit the synth's character, I think. Like this:
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/br ... 6wyGKrSbo=

Yes i would never hack a dll. to modify the skin of any synth. Not that i would be able to anyway. its way too technical for me anyway :hihi: But ENV1 and Layzer has made some great skins though, which i would assume was ok by the devs.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Layzer is a Windows XP haxo0r, so, I wouldn't count on it. :P

just try different coloured lenses on your glasses.
or lsd.
or both :D

Teksonik wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:24 pm Would you want to skin a CS80 emulation ?
no, course not.
id let intrancer do it, in 3d.
then wonder why he bothered.
this would be my involvement, whatever synth, emu or not.

the only skins im interested in is papers and the missus.

vurt wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:21 pm just try different coloured lenses on your glasses.
or lsd.
or both :D
+1 for the LSD! :D

the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

:tu:

e-crooner wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 6:58 pm If I were a developer, I would not want others to mess with my GUI's, that's for sure.
Maybe SA can make an alternative, bright skin on their own. Brushed metal would look good and fit the synth's character, I think. Like this:
https://media.istockphoto.com/photos/br ... 6wyGKrSbo=
If I was a Dev, I would love for people to reskin my plugin. Just because there are so many talented artists out there who could just do a better job. Look at Plugmon, his skins for U-He are better than the original

Return to “Instruments”