Filter oriented delay.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I still use Audio Damage’s Dr. Device, but I was wondering if there were new delay plugins that were very filter centric. Something with Repro or Legend quality filters inside the feedback loop. Replika XT is on the right track, but I’m thinking even more filter options and envelope followers.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 am I still use Audio Damage’s Dr. Device, but I was wondering if there were new delay plugins that were very filter centric. Something with Repro or Legend quality filters inside the feedback loop. Replika XT is on the right track, but I’m thinking even more filter options and envelope followers.
Blue Cat Audio's Late Replies (https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... teReplies/) might be a good possibility. I'm not sure what the included filters sound like, but since it can host third-party plug-ins, you could load your favorite filter plug-in at various points in the signal flow. It might be worth checking out the demo.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 am I still use Audio Damage’s Dr. Device
That was a ripper. I always thought about buying it again (sold it for some stupid reason). Just checked and its not listed as a current or discontinued product.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:18 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 am I still use Audio Damage’s Dr. Device
That was a ripper. I always thought about buying it again (sold it for some stupid reason). Just checked and its not listed as a current or discontinued product.
I think that was my first Audio Damage plugin. Great effect. Great name. Unclear as to why they discontinued it. Seems like all they’d have to do is update the dated look a bit and add a few filter and delay types and they’d have a popular effect.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

DocAtlas wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:52 am
zerocrossing wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:09 am I still use Audio Damage’s Dr. Device, but I was wondering if there were new delay plugins that were very filter centric. Something with Repro or Legend quality filters inside the feedback loop. Replika XT is on the right track, but I’m thinking even more filter options and envelope followers.
Blue Cat Audio's Late Replies (https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/P ... teReplies/) might be a good possibility. I'm not sure what the included filters sound like, but since it can host third-party plug-ins, you could load your favorite filter plug-in at various points in the signal flow. It might be worth checking out the demo.
That sounds interesting. Thanks for the tip.
Zerocrossing Media

What host do you use? Or do you have reaktor?
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:03 am What host do you use? Or do you have reaktor?
I’m using Bitwig. I do have Reaktor 6.
Zerocrossing Media

Maybe not what you have in mind, but you can do some interesting per tap filtering things with d16’s Tekturon.

gondii wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:46 am Maybe not what you have in mind, but you can do some interesting per tap filtering things with d16’s Tekturon.
Yeah, not quite what I’m after, but interesting.
Zerocrossing Media

Bitwigs delay-2 or delay-4 with a filter plug (e.g ImpOSCar2 FX or BWS Ladder) in FB slots?
"Hell is other People" J.P.Sartre

Yeah I would go modular for this sort of thing. Then you get any combo of filter and delay you care you use. I like putting 'the Drop' in the feedback loop of the delays in bigwig. Then I heavily modulate the drop.

I'm not aware of any delays that have super nice filters built in, but between bigwig and reaktor you should be able to do what you like.

I would absolutely love UVI to update Relayer delay with the filters and modulations from Shade.

AAS Objeq Delay?
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

GRM Tools SpaceFilter

The input signal spectrum is split into 4 independent bands to which are applied a delay and a feedback. The output of each filter is positioned in a multi-channel space (up to 32 channels)

https://inagrm.com/en/store/product/15/spaces

Return to “Effects”