The Mad Scientist - The Mad Scientist

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

Definitely hypnotic. Sometimes I just love this type music, morning time, maybe doing chores, just gets your blood flowing. I like it.

I actually think this is pretty well mixed now.
But, why do you keep making new threads for this same song? Just edit one of your other threads. :shrug:

I understand now that I have a big problem.
I always make music with my headphones on, so I also mix with headphones on.
I was scrolling on the internet a moment ago and I decided to listen to my latest song but since my headphones are not connected I decided to do it thru my speakers.
The song sounds like shit.
It sounds perfect on my headphones but as shit on my speakers. Is it even possible that some instruments are more silent or louder on speakers when they are on perfect balance on my headphones?

I think you should shorten your kick, a lot.
If played on speakers, loudly, the listener probably won't be able to focus on anything else but the kick, as the tail of the kick is to long.

Yes, the kick is off/boomy. Apart from that, it's good really.

Mozex wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:53 am Is it even possible that some instruments are more silent or louder on speakers when they are on perfect balance on my headphones?
This is the challenge. Different speakers will give different results. Even the same speaker moved to a different room will give a different result, because of how that room responds to the frequency range.
I have that issue sometimes, I've been looking at getting some software that deals with these differences and tries to give you a true response.
SonarWorks Reference 4 Studio
https://store.sonarworks.com/#

Thx all for the input.

Checking out sonarworks but since I am going in completely blind we shall see what the results are.

A definite improvement. Keep it up. Good energy! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Loved the energy! Some good melodic touches in there as well.

Mixing - anyone who ever tells you that they've mastered this part of the process is a douche bag! :)

Mix on headphones by all means - great for certain fine details, but ALWAYS go to speakers for the final stages as well...cans just give too many false impressions on their own!

Think you've got the perfect mix?

Check it out on 3 or 4 different sound systems*...if it sounds pretty decent on all of them then you've probably done a decent job!

* I use a small Bluetooth speaker + in car stereo + my near field studio speakers + the micro hi fi in my kitchen...and I still screw it up sometimes!!! :roll:
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Return to “Music Cafe”