Superberry, a supersaw synth from the person behind the Digitone and Model:Cycles

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't know if everyone has seen this yet, but the developer responsible for the FM synthesis engine in the Elektron Digitone and Model:Cycles has just released a macOS/M4L supersaw synth called Superberry:

https://fors.fm/Superberry

I've been playing with it for a day, it's pretty fun. As far as Max For Live synths, this one is pretty well put together. I don't know if they have plans to make a regular VST. This is very exciting to me, because the Digitone is amazing, and I want more amazing soft synths just like it.

Is there a demo m4l version

Sounds lovely

No demo for m4l on windows, but the website says it works for windows m4l, so Im confused if this works in ableton....I sent an email, so I hope for a response, if I hear back, I will post.

FYI, this is probably one of the best plugins Ive ever heard....hands down

vertibration wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:18 am No demo for m4l on windows, but the website says it works for windows m4l, so Im confused if this works in ableton....I sent an email, so I hope for a response, if I hear back, I will post.
Seems pretty obvious what they're saying?

>The Superberry bundle includes a macOS desktop app as well as the Superberry & Roulette sequencer Max for Live devices.

I bought it and can confirm it comes with both M4l devices to be used with ableton on windows, so that is great. It sounds awesome. Very well thought out. The delay effects are very intuitive, as the second delay is in stereo, and the blur effect diffusion sounds great. The LFO section is very well thought out as well. The max device has an easy to use drop down menu for routing.

How do you install it in to Live? Doesn't come as a pack as they usually do.

How is the CPU hit on this in Windows/M4L?

You download the M4L folder after you buy it. You just drag the M4L devices onto a midi track. I would place the sequencer first, then the synth, then I would group them, save the group, and favorite the group for easy access

CPU is minimal, surprisingly. Really, really sounds good. Reminds me a lot of Digitone, especially when you FM the LFO to pitch to create FM shapes

vertibration wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 5:12 pm You download the M4L folder after you buy it. You just drag the M4L devices onto a midi track. I would place the sequencer first, then the synth, then I would group them, save the group, and favorite the group for easy access
Yeah but where do you install them so they show as Max instruments?

You dont "install" them/. Some m4l devices dont automatically install to ableton. Just do what I did, drag them into a track, group them, save them, favorite them

Or maybe find your max device folder and drag them in there?

Here's a fun tidbit from the manual:
Here's a trick! If you use the LFO with pitch tracking enabled and assign it to Pitch it will modulate the phase of the os- cillators, making the Superberry a 2-OP FM synth*

Return to “Instruments”