Chromaphone 3 - what will it be ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ElVincente wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:14 pm It seems it has only a single computer authorization... That's too bad, I really need two
it’s better than that.
Beside two authorizations there is an additional bonus:

“With your product serial number, you will be able to generate two different authorizations every 90 days directly from our website. Beyond that threshold, you will have to provide an explanation of why you need an additionnal authorization”
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

gondii wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:00 pm Where is the video? Can't find anything..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia6UiYl448E

Thanks! I don't know, the GUI looks better but that's not worth the price of admission. The layering could potentially be interesting. I don't care about the internal fx section as much. No additional resonator is a bit disappointing. Hm, not for $80 (if that's the price).

I like the color scheme, but it doesn't seem to me much updated feature wise, as usual. I would probably upgrade anyway, since I hate being a version behind :)

When will it be released? I can't find anything on their website.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I guess the video isn't really officially released cuz on youtube it's tagged as 'unlisted'.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

The GUI of the V3 remembers me a bit to Massive X :D

I'll wait for the upgrade sale :p

I just picked up Chromephone 2 in the current Plugin Boutique sale, so I should get 3 for free. It's not in my account on AAS or PB yet though. Definitely seems like JRR jumped the gun on listing the product. The PB sale is listed to end tomorrow, so maybe Wednesday will be the official release?

Agreed that it seems like a pretty underwhelming update.
Ceej
aka Chris Hillery

Chromaphone was the last in a way "innovative" plugin from AAS.

Yes, I got the strings 3, even the UA 3 (where I resisted a long time, sigh...), and I wont talk about Tassman here, thats seems not decades but centuries ago.

After that: gui, two layers, NOTHING innovative at all. I dont know who "devellops" this "new" versions (commissioned work done in russia, india, china wherever ????) but I wonder if producing these updates sold as "new" versions and regularly new soundsets from well known guys while evrything is reduced pricely to "50 % all the year" really could make it ?

For me not anymore definitely. This video for me just definitely finished something, hopes dies at last, but after this: no hope anymore. I dont know who runs this remaining stock vst shop now and yes, they could do, and it will make some sales, but this has - at least for me - nothing to do with what AAS stands for. No innovation, just selling whats left over with a new GUI from time to time. Sad.

Well, I think that's a bit too early at the moment when there is not even an official announcement. You can only see that the GUI has been updated and looks really modern now. There are tabs, a better library manager etc.
The official price for Chromaphone 2 is about 170€. If there is an introductory price, it should probably not be very far from the current cheapest offer for Chromaphone 2 (about 82€). Maybe this will also be an offer for Black Friday...

The important thing is that it is better usable than before. If there are new resonators or other improvements, most users will be happy.

MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Just saw it too!

Apart from refined GUI, I can barely see any changes. Two-layer multitimbrality? Wow, such sound :v

I don't even wonder if it's worth the money, I only worry if it's worth the time to upgrade...
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I'm ambivalent about multi-timbral plugins at the best of times, but it seems especially useless on chromaphone because it's a great engine to layer with other synths.

Their price model is comparable to developers who do a lot of R&D (U-he, NI).
I didn't see any change to the resonators or modelling parameters in that video. If this is correct then I have to wonder what has happened to the physical modelling expertise at AAS.

Still, for people who don't have version 2 already this will be a cracking synth at a tempting launch price.

liquidsound wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:15 am Looks like it’s out.
https://www.jrrshop.com/applied-acousti ... hromaphone
I'm surprised that Erik already has it in the shop where it hasn't been officially released yet. But as I suspected... $99 introductory price (about 84€)

The upgrade cost is normally pretty cheap with AAS- you can buy it new for under 99 bucks so I would expect under 30 bucks for the upgrade.

WHAT'S NEW?

AAS has streamlined Chromaphone and brought it to a whole new level.

NEW Home View: With macros mapped to key sound characteristics (modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect), the Home View presents a distraction free and laidback browsing and tweaking experience.

NEW Two-Voice Multitimbral: Chromaphone combines two independent timbres, stacked or split, to create performance-friendly, texture-rich, and spacious sounds that are sure to leave a lasting sonic impression.

NEW Factory Library: Chromaphone ships with a completely new factory library of 420 sounds created by top sound designers such as Michel Basque, Christian Halten, Jerry Kovarsky, Christian Laffitte, Niall McCallum, Adam Pietruszko, Daniel Stawczyk, Sean Divine, and Venus Theory. This incredible team made the most of the latest Chromaphone innovations, and it's with great pride that AAS presents these new signature sounds.

REMASTERED Chromaphone 2 Library: A long and fastidious process of fine-tuning went down at AAS's headquarters. Each and every sound of the now legacy Chromaphone 2 library was reexamined by every AAS team member. Each sound now boasts a consistent gain-stage, unity-gain effects, better dynamics, and compelling real-time sound transformation assignments to take advantage of the new features of Chromaphone. All in all, these remastered patches add an extra 676 polished sounds to Chromaphone's stock library.

NEW Browser: With organizational views for Packs, Sounds, Categories, and Creators, Chromaphone's brand-new browser offers an efficient way to narrow down the sounds you're looking for.

NEW Macros: Chromaphone now boasts four performance macros per layer that respond to user-defined MIDI controls. Each and every sound features modulation, timbre, envelope, and effect morphing assignments that can be played in real time for enhanced expressivity and sonic dimension.

IMPROVED Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files: Chromaphone now supports the Scala scale file format as well as reference note frequency tuning for microtonal music making.

COMPATIBLE with Chromaphone 2 sounds: Simply copy Chromaphone 2 banks into Chromaphone's packs folder to convert them.

EXPANDED Multi-Effects Module: Chromaphone's multi-effects module now sports reverb, equalizer, compressor, tremolo, and guitar amplifier processors for even more tone shaping options. Furthermore, the five effect slots can be re-arranged in any order.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Return to “Instruments”