Lullagag (hitek 190bpm)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/zoomdagazoom/lullagag

almost all sound design by yours truly

Properly mind-shredding but at the same time quite musical

Great track, enjoyed it. Quite competent production.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

The name of the track somehow reminds me of dirty chewbacca.

recursive one wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:20 pm Properly mind-shredding but at the same time quite musical

Great track, enjoyed it. Quite competent production.
thank you that is very nice :D

This was pretty interesting. At first I wasn't too into it and let the song play anyway. I liked where you went with it. I'll have to give this another listen with headphones later on.

guitarmiester wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:25 pm This was pretty interesting. At first I wasn't too into it and let the song play anyway. I liked where you went with it. I'll have to give this another listen with headphones later on.
thank you for your feedback. I can see how the first part might throw people off. In my mind it had more impact when I was composing it but I realize that it may have turned out a bit different. The impact of that part really hinges on the production quality of the song since it is the part with the least musical elements), but the production quality is far from being on par. :tu:

Listened LOUD on headphones...my mind is short-term f#cked...in a good way!

Enjoyed it...mix was a tiny, little bit 'flat' in terms of dynamics maybe, but it didn't spoil the experience at all.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 pm Listened LOUD on headphones...my mind is short-term f#cked...in a good way!

Enjoyed it...mix was a tiny, little bit 'flat' in terms of dynamics maybe, but it didn't spoil the experience at all.
thank you :) this flatness is something im struggling with a lot actually. I think there might also some benefit in more. aggressive stereo-widening / layering of some elements.. Also, I have the tendency to clog up the mids (and underutilise the highs) and end up taking away a lot there which might also contribute to the problem

ZoomDagaZoom wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm
ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 pm Listened LOUD on headphones...my mind is short-term f#cked...in a good way!

thank you :) this flatness is something im struggling with a lot actually. I think there might also some benefit in more. aggressive stereo-widening / layering of some elements.. Also, I have the tendency to clog up the mids (and underutilise the highs) and end up taking away a lot there which might also contribute to the problem
Ha! 'Flat Mix Syndrome' - suffered from it myself many times!

Suggestions from my many mistakes that might help...

1) Yep - Stereo spread...MID/SIDE processing can sometimes help as well.
2) Sound Stage from front to back as well as from side to side is important...variety in the use of reverb for example.
3) Excessive use of limiters and compressors... at least not using them with sufficient subtly and nuance!
4) Overlapping frequency bands - piano and guitar for example and having to learn how to sculpt with EQ to let both 'shine'.

You'll get there...your mixes are pretty good already!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:21 pm
ZoomDagaZoom wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Ha! 'Flat Mix Syndrome' - suffered from it myself many times!

Suggestions from my many mistakes that might help...

1) Yep - Stereo spread...MID/SIDE processing can sometimes help as well.
2) Sound Stage from front to back as well as from side to side is important...variety in the use of reverb for example.
3) Excessive use of limiters and compressors... at least not using them with sufficient subtly and nuance!
4) Overlapping frequency bands - piano and guitar for example and having to learn how to sculpt with EQ to let both 'shine'.

You'll get there...your mixes are pretty good already!
thanks for taking the time and sharing your personal advice man! It's so good to learn from peoples experiences. Ive got all of this noted down as focus points for my next one :tu:

this is good for listening while being chased by a lion
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I now got over the dirty chewbacca thing and listened the track.

oh my..

Crash Bandicoot on speed and mushrooms. Seriously my brain tickled in a very weird way :lol:

I need to take a break and listen to it again to be able to comment something useful :D

layzer wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:25 pm this is good for listening while being chased by a lion
OK now you've got me considering to change my artist name to CrashBandicootOnSpeedAndMushRooms :love:

Whoa... That was a trip. My head needs a quaalude (or 5) now.

So this is what Robert DeLong sounds like after taking wayyy too many uppers. :hyper:

Nice work!

Plenty of energy and good changes to create interest. Perhaps too fast for me to dance to but then I'm getting on... ;) Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”