Greatness in person, needs gear to conquer

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

^^ talking of Welshness, dance music and buzzing on Es, I'm now starting to wonder about the rather nebulous thread title...

"Greatness in person, needs gear to conquer":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXrwnpa6QPU

(Human Traffic, Cardiff, 1999).

Greatness in persons, need trash to conquer... :hyper:

https://youtu.be/ZPz4nG_2bKY

^^ cool but also wtf?? :lol:

ted talks have changed.

we got dragged to see urban strawberry lunch with the school. i got to hit a plastic barrel with two pieces of mop stale.

they also made a holophone out of lengths of gas pipe. then hit it with ping pong paddles.
i didnt get a go of that :(

I saw them many years ago in a German TV show (they come from Ghent/Belgium), that's why I remembered them.

This is clearly about semantics.
When the OP says Song the rest of us would say Mixing.
A Great Song can be made with anything, the Mixing is going to be shit if youre recording it on a phone.

I can make decent Songs but my Mixing skills suck KVRian balls
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Semantics being the consideration of meanings of words, I guess so. I personally don't have the interest to wonder what the OP understands about the difference.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:31 pm This is clearly about semantics.
When the OP says Song the rest of us would say Mixing.
A Great Song can be made with anything, the Mixing is going to be shit if youre recording it on a phone.

I can make decent Songs but my Mixing skills suck KVRian balls
if you were great in person, you would know "the song is all".

or something. im not so great in person either, so cant be sure.

jancivil wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:34 pm Semantics being the consideration of meanings of words, I guess so. I personally don't have the interest to wonder what the OP understands about the difference.

how can we hope to understand?
such greatness is beyond the ken of mere mortals! :o

I have come to the conclusion that not only the gear is what makes one great, it is also a voice.
I will have a problem with that since I do not make such kind of songs.

But if you mix talent, with good equipment and a powerfull voice of preferable a woman, then you have mastered music making and you WILL make a hit.

I came to this understanding after watching a episode of the masked singer in Belgium here. We have a character called the queen and she has such amazing and powerfull voice.

On that moment I understood that music is not about music at all. Music is accompanying an artist who leads the public by his or her voice.

Even bigger secret: if you have such person with voice to make music with, you do not even need to be real creative anymore with your song. Just a beat, a bass and sometimes a melody. Thats it. The artist with the voice does the rest.

I still stand with my saying that greatness comes by one gear. But not only gear does that, also a powerfull voice on your song.
Heavenly Sounds Approved This.

VariKusBrainZ wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:19 pm Naturally, as its so easy you can provide proof of your hypothesis in the form of your own creations abiding to the claimed rules
not without the gear to conquer and a female voice in a mask or something.

Mozex posts attract this every time and I get shit for trying to stop it but the truth is this kind of targeting benefits no one and the you statements just lead to defensiveness and more bs. Please stop, if you dont have something to say about a subject...then dont...if you feel the need to attack someone different from you...dont. Why does it always have to be personal?

FTR it's a two way street, I deleted all the youtube talk due to Mozex's aggressive response. I'm just gonna delete out of line posts as usual and remember names...piece of advice, just dont...please.
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Everything you improve will make a difference on the way, it's a journey, most important thing is that one have idea, vision, song, if one don't have that, it doesn't mater that much, production can improve great song, but production can't make lousy song great.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”