Allomerus - Snake in the Glass

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The internet is bad, m'kay.

Some great playing going on. Drums and guitars sound good to me. I wish there was a touch less reverb on the vocals, but you did mention an 'echo chamber' in the lyrics. :)

The video was a great accompaniment to the track. Really cool.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:20 pm Great concept behind it all and a very interesting piece that kept on giving...so much development!

John Wegner - Guitar, Guitar Synth, Bass, Drum Programming.

Are the vocals you as well?
Thanks Mark. It started off with a fugue progression in mind and went from there. In the middle section I was trying to sound a bit different like The Cardiacs.
And yes I am singing. I'll update the post. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

jcub wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:22 pm Cool track and video! Nicely done!
Thanks jcub! All the best. :)
Bandcamp

guitarmiester wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:01 pm As always, solid mix, transitions and flow to the song. Cool to find out that the sax was you on guitar with a Roland GR-20. You had me fooled. The only thing I didn't like was the vocal reverb. It seemed kind of cold and distant to the rest of the mix.
Thanks guitarmiester! Appreciate your thoughts. I'll listen to the vocals again. The saxes on the GR20 are my favourite part of the GR20. I love that the bending of strings sounds close to the bending of reeds. :)
Bandcamp

biodiode wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:38 pm I miss the days of the old Prog Rock concept albums/songs. This is well put together and an interesting listen. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Adrian. You can still find prog if you know where to look. Try Progarchives. :)
Bandcamp

Allomerus wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:08 am
ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:20 pm Great concept behind it all and a very interesting piece that kept on giving...so much development!

John Wegner - Guitar, Guitar Synth, Bass, Drum Programming.

Are the vocals you as well?
Thanks Mark. It started off with a fugue progression in mind and went from there. In the middle section I was trying to sound a bit different like The Cardiacs.
And yes I am singing. I'll update the post. :)
Yeah, I can hear the Cardiacs now you mention them...not a band I'd thought about in a long time! 8)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

The music is very well done. Sometimes I think the vocals are mixed too loud.

Great song overall. :tu:

lessera wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:23 pm The internet is bad, m'kay.

Some great playing going on. Drums and guitars sound good to me. I wish there was a touch less reverb on the vocals, but you did mention an 'echo chamber' in the lyrics. :)

The video was a great accompaniment to the track. Really cool.
Thanks lessera. I'll have another listen to the vocals. Appreciate your listen and comments. :)
Bandcamp

Frantz wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:44 pm The music is very well done. Sometimes I think the vocals are mixed too loud.

Great song overall. :tu:
Thanks Frantz. I'll have another listen to the vocals. All the best... :)
Bandcamp

Return to “Music Cafe”