List of M1 ARM native Vsts/AU?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wintoid wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:27 am
layzer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 am is apple freakin retarded? everyone knows M1 is largely associated with korg's iconic rompler workstation.
I can't believe they named their chip after a motorway!
They even named it after a famous WW2 rifle.

layzer wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:17 am is apple freakin retarded? everyone knows M1 is largely associated with korg's iconic rompler workstation.
Wait until Apple sues Korg for having used the name M1 for their workstation.. 😅
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

I received my M1 mac today.
Our plugins seem to run fine in Rosetta in all tested hosts.
So far Logic seems to be the only host that supports plugins with native M1 code (Tested Ableton, Reaper, Bitwig, FLstudio and several others).
Tomorrow I will try to do a native build for the M1 chipset. The updates for M1 support will be available for free. I expect a release in early 2021.

Markus Krause wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:07 pm I received my M1 mac today.
Our plugins seem to run fine in Rosetta in all tested hosts.
So far Logic seems to be the only host that supports plugins with native M1 code (Tested Ableton, Reaper, Bitwig, FLstudio and several others).
Tomorrow I will try to do a native build for the M1 chipset. The updates for M1 support will be available for free. I expect a release in early 2021.
are you happy so far? ordered one too as my mac pro 5.1 getting on in his years and the new ones seems to be much quicker.

Surge should hopefully be running on Apple Silicon, we have a fat binary ready to go on our nightly page.

chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:11 pm
Ahhh the M1 Garand. I loved using that one in Medal Of Honor (original first game) on PS1. The game was on an NTSC encoded disk and over here in Croatia we're PAL, so it was all grayscale. Made the game much harder because you couldn't discern uniforms from foliage and bushes...

Seems like it will be years if ever for a whole lot of useful plugins. Right now the audio interfaces need support pretty quickly to get up and running at least.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:55 pm
chk071 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:11 pm
Ahhh the M1 Garand. I loved using that one in Medal Of Honor (original first game) on PS1. The game was on an NTSC encoded disk and over here in Croatia we're PAL, so it was all grayscale. Made the game much harder because you couldn't discern uniforms from foliage and bushes...
:tu:

Medal of Honor was great, played it through on PC early 2000's.

grdh20 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 pm Seems like it will be years if ever for a whole lot of useful plugins. Right now the audio interfaces need support pretty quickly to get up and running at least.
Well, could always try and see how plugins run through Rosetta 2. And I bet the problematic ones will be those that require AVX (not too many of them).

grdh20 wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:00 pm Seems like it will be years if ever for a whole lot of useful plugins.
It might not take as long as people think, especially with the more active developers. I’m probably forgetting a bunch already, but here’s a rough list I put together of already M1 native plugins:

Aberrant DSP: SketchCassette, ShapeShifter
Auburn Sounds: All plugins
AudioDamage: Most plugins (still a few left to update I think)
discoDSP: OB-Xd, Discovery, Discovery Pro, OPL, Schroeder, Scope
Fabfilter: All plugins
Melda Production: All plugins
reFX: Nexus
Reveal Sound: Spire
SIR Audio Tools: All plugins (I think)
Sound Device Digital/United Plugins: All plugins
TAL: All plugins
Tokyo Dawn Labs: Most plugins
Valhalla DSP: Almost all have M1 betas available now

Not a bad start, but I’m always curious about new ones I’ve missed. I know Kazrog plans to release M1 updates for all of their plugins in a few weeks.

Most (possibly all?) of Plogue’s plugins now run natively on Apple Silicon.

Orange.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Pianoteq 7.1 is Apple Silicon-native.

I have a thread on this in the hardware forum with an extensive list, sorted by type and company. There are way more than noted above.

Tracking Apple Silicon Native Hosts, Plugins, Effects

Since it's nearly impossible for me to find these on my own, any help identifying new releases is appreciated.
Last edited by teilo on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Halonmusic wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:34 pmOrange.
What product specifically are you referring to? There are a few plugins that go by that name.

Return to “Instruments”