traxx techno / deep / underground at work,,

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well produced and an Interesting, well constructed glitchy groove going on, but...

By the drop at 3 mins 15 secs, I was so desperate for a rippling arpeggio, chord sequence or melody line...too long to wait!

A chord finally arrives at just before 4 mins...I think many won't get that far as there is not enough going on to grab the listener.

And then...nothing else melodic at all for the full 9 mins or so!

I think it has serious potential, but needs more content above that groove for me!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

doo too doo doo too doooooo,
shhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhh

edit: lmao, it only took 1 minute for
the forum downvoter creeper
to strike....do you ever leave your computer?
wow, what a sad pathetic worthless life. :roll:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I don't understand what's wrong with ChameleonMusic comment? Mind you I am not in the flow, I don't follow characters at KVR.

I listened track and while productions is more then ok (it's great), somehow I completely agree with what ChameleonMusic said. It's interesting piece with potential but it's just like it's not going anywhere with a story/mood call it however you like.

Please note I am not trying to disrespect any work. OP asked for opinion and he is getting it. Anyone normal will value all sort of comments equally. Not all tracks are for anyone and honest feedback (be it positive or negative) is welcome right?

Regards

kmonkey wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:39 pm I don't understand what's wrong with ChameleonMusic comment? Mind you I am not in the flow, I don't follow characters at KVR.

I listened track and while productions is more then ok (it's great), somehow I completely agree with what ChameleonMusic said. It's interesting piece with potential but it's just like it's not going anywhere with a story/mood call it however you like.

Please note I am not trying to disrespect any work. OP asked for opinion and he is getting it. Anyone normal will value all sort of comments equally. Not all tracks are for anyone and honest feedback (be it positive or negative) is welcome right?

Regards
Did someone respond negatively to my comment?

I can't see anything on the thread.

Something been deleted?
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:53 pm Well produced and an Interesting, well constructed glitchy groove going on, but...

By the drop at 3 mins 15 secs, I was so desperate for a rippling arpeggio, chord sequence or melody line...too long to wait!

A chord finally arrives at just before 4 mins...I think many won't get that far as there is not enough going on to grab the listener.

And then...nothing else melodic at all for the full 9 mins or so!

I think it has serious potential, but needs more content above that groove for me!
Techno is notoriously atonal, without any sense of melody or chord progressions, unless its specifically melodic techno which is not stated here.

But I would agree, judging from the that perspective, the track is a tad flat and lacking of energy for me personally. The dub chords, the high pitch drone, and kick work well...Depending on if this is a chill track or not then it works. Mixwise, the white noise spray felt a tad loud on my monitors.

Techno is notoriously atonal...
I know what you mean here, and it's sort of in line with my thoughts in a certain way, but...

Sorry, I've had this debate a few times before...

Very little techno is genuinely 'atonal'...a term which is so misused by the club dance industry! You get ATONAL TECHNO sample kits on websites and when you listen to them they include loads of rippling arpeggiated lines and glitchy, quirky melodies that clearly have a key centre and are NOT atonal. They're dark, often quite heavy and industrial, but rarely 'atonal'!
Techno is notoriously atonal, without any sense of melody...
Atonality and melody are not mutually exclusive! The vast majority of atonal music is melody driven.

If you compare this track with some of the more experimental 'techno' tracks over the decades, the big difference is the lack of development of raw ideas....even the groove itself is really too static.

It's got potential, but for me needs something extra, whether it's melodic or simply some extra morphing of the basic rhythmic groove.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:19 am It's got potential, but for me needs something extra, whether it's melodic or simply some extra morphing of the basic rhythmic groove.
exactly, i don't know anyone who would enjoy a 2 hour movie
that is just the first 5 minutes repeated over and over. :bang:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

did someone said "wip" ? (............)

voilà, i think it's ok atm, must not change...

like ?

or maybe it's too long * ?
or maybe it is 116 BPM... ???

Return to “Music Cafe”