Arturias Reply

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Love it
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Be even funnier if Arturia cloned something of Behringer's- maybe the Neutron :lol:
Last edited by SLiC on Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

ibtl.

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TBH, I wonder too. I don't care much if they rip off Arturia, but, if I would be in charge of product design, I would really appeal to my own honor a bit. You can very well create a similar product without copying every corner of the competing product.

Their synth clones aren't blatant copies of the original in regards of the design in most cases as well. Wonder why they had to do that here, especially when it's not a product whose copyright is long expired.

As Arturia's keyboard is hardly more expensive, I'd do it safe, and go for that. The keys are great, and I don't know if Behringer did well copying that as well. ;)

This one, was just poor form all around by Behringer. They're not offering any real reduction in price ($10?) and Arturia put all the cost and effort into research and design. I'm not a Behringer hater.. but this puts me off, big-time. Again - bad form, Uli.

Brilliant!

Why did the other thread on here get locked?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

jdoo wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:28 pm This one, was just poor form all around by Behringer. They're not offering any real reduction in price ($10?) and Arturia put all the cost and effort into research and design. I'm not a Behringer hater.. but this puts me off, big-time. Again - bad form, Uli.
This exactly... I like my Neutron and I like my BoogD - Neutron is new, and BoogD saves about $3k on something not in production...

But this, this is just poor form, and not even any cheaper... Plus the keystep is older - if they WERE going to do this I would have thought the KeystepPro...

Indeed. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I don't claim to follow this stuff particularly closely, but Behringer seem like a bunch of c**ts. A guy I know who owns a studio said he considers them "thieves" or somesuch.
A well-behaved signature.

It’s one thing to clone a synth that’s been out of production for 30 years, but a current product? What’s his game plan? Put everyone out of business so all synths have to be purchased from Behringer? I’m already planning on getting a PolyBrute this Christmas, but now I’m going go PM him a photo of me unboxing it. :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:10 am It’s one thing to clone a synth that’s been out of production for 30 years, but a current product?
You imply this is the first time they've done that...?
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

So this is not another photoshop of something that Behringer supposed to make?
There are plenty, even listed on some online shop of CS 80 in many forms.

And don't forget how many products you find on Amazon under different names, the exact same one in looks - just a brand name difference.

Arturia Keystep is not another one that existed?
And were promised exclusive until a certain date or sold number.

I cannot see the business side of making this one - they are not cutting any costs that benefits consumer. Completely out of line with Behringer IMO.

Behringer is always innovating new ways to rip off other company's designs.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”