Allomerus - Every Breath We Drew - Updated on page 2

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ariston wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:27 pm The lead synth sound takes me back to the mid 70s for sure
yes, took me back to The Rockford files :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

jcub wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:33 pm Loved this piece! Great sounds and change of feel throughout. Have you considered adding vocals? Some sections could use a strong instrumental melody or vocals. The lead synth sounds are nice and love the organ.
Thanks jcub. I have considered vocals but in the end I think I would have got too preachy and decided against it. I have been playing about with it a bit and altered a few sections based on feedback, so thanks for your thoughts.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Yes - I have the same tendency in my vocal pieces. I will check out your revisions. Thanks.
Jeremy Cubert
Piano | Chapman Stick | LinnStrument | Zendrum
http://jeremycubert.com

aaron aardvark wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:10 pm Allomerus,
Thank you for the reviews! Now your song video: The video surely added to the whole experience. I especially liked the view of Earth floating in space, pretty amazing (as the lead guitar starts, that was effective). Even though your song does not have vocals, it reminds me of Yes more than anything (a compliment). What do you use for Hammond B3 organ with Leslie; that sounds good? The whole song sounds well done! :) Off topic (you can reply using private message if you want): recently I've seen & heard things stating Aussies tend to be less politically correct than Americans. I don't want to get into politics on this forum, and I am for racial equality, though the political correctness in the USA seems to have gotten a bit extreme to me over the years. Comments? I've seen Australian news on youtube lately and they seem less paranoid about offending people.
Thanks Aaron. The organ comes with Logic Pro's B3 emulation. The patch is called "Heavy Metal Organ", I quite like it.
Bandcamp

ariston wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:27 pm Well, that was a nice journey! The intro didn't grab me that much, but from about 3 minutes onwards I really enjoyed it! Some nice left turns and unexpected twists in the harmonies, that's always welcome. The almost-ambient mid section is very beautiful.
A few things I noticed: the drums are too far in the back for my taste. The lead synth sound takes me back to the mid 70s for sure, but I feel it could use a little more expressiveness and modulation. And the final guitar solo has a few timing and tuning issues - it's a nice solo, but a little more polish would really make it shine!

Anyway, thanks for sharing, like I said, I enjoyed it. More of that, please! I'll try to dig up some of your back catalogue here.

Oh, and very nice vid, fits the song well.
Thanks ariston! I have taken some of your comments into consideration for an update. In a way I didn't want to go too over the top with modulations etc. as I want it to seem more relaxed than what I usually go for. All the best! :)
Bandcamp

layzer wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm kick a$$ prog, John
so many cool little grooves and sounds.
you did great on drum programming in place
of your bro. entertaining ride and well mixed.
:tu:
Thanks layzer. Much appreciated. It wasn't easy doing the drum programming, but I think I have listened enough to Paul's great drumming to have some ideas about what works.
Bandcamp

layzer wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:17 pm
ariston wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:27 pm The lead synth sound takes me back to the mid 70s for sure
yes, took me back to The Rockford files :idea:
Haven't watched that show, I had to look it up...
Bandcamp

New version after taking in all the comments. I changed some things based on people's ideas and even some of my own! :hihi:
https://youtu.be/fhh9jkS9FFg
Bandcamp

I've just listened to the new version. It sounded fine to me. There are lots of "Prog" requisites in here - guitar, bass, drums, synths, organ. I wasn't sure that the drums needed to feature prominently, as the track has quite a relaxed vibe, and I didn't think it needed to be a driving influence, more of a guiding light.

I liked the way you managed to sync the scene-changes in the video with the music. After the video was complete I was disappointed not to have spotted the "sprout", but I was expecting something with a Christmassy flavour, and took the reference too literally :hihi:

I can't believe you never saw The Rockford Files.

Good work :)

Not gonna comment on any musical changes at this stage...been enough input there and it's all down to personal choices eventually!

MIX - seems significantly louder than version 1? Not necessarily better or worse..just quite different in terms of dynamics?
I can't believe you never saw The Rockford Files.
One of the greatest TV theme tunes of all time!!!

And the source of one of my many embarrassing moments as a young professional trumpet player...

Got called in to a gig as a session player (alongside the local trumpet legend John Harris on 1st trpt)...

All is going fine, until we came to the RF theme...

One short phrase just bamboozles me entirely...just can't sort it under the lips and valves...try alternative fingerings and everything I can think of...no change.

I quietly consult John for advice and his response is "Don't ask me mate, I can't fuckin' play it either!"

Solution: We just fudged it in the concert...only 1 bar x2! :)
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Great job. Enjoyable video and instrumental music.

Return to “Music Cafe”