Arturias Reply

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Typical.

The more I’ve learned about the company (since buying a total of one product, sadly), the more I am determined never to buy their products again.

And yeah, I’ll just take the damn hit, when it comes to vintage synths, assuming I ever want one. No clones for me. Except things like the new Prophet 10, perhaps... :tu:

^ I was gutted when found out they bought TC but luckily there are plenty of other pedals in the ... sea.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I've had more problems with Arturia products than Behringers...

TBH, fair play to them. The most important point for me is, once again, that the customer can decide whether or not he buys this or not. (i.e. talk is cheap)

I already wrote why I would prefer Arturia: Because I know that it's a solid controller which has a good keybed. Which has yet to be seen with the Behringer one. Although I'm pretty sure they did a good job there as well. Would be strange if the keys would be worse at almost the same price point.

SLiC wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:10 pm Be even funnier if Arturia cloned something of Behringer's- maybe the Neutron :lol:
Or just a little fun with Eurorack... surprised they haven't done so yet.
minibrute-2-image.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Its a bit like one war criminal saying that its not a war crime as there are other war criminals doing bad things!

Even where there are IP protection laws that can be enforced (which is difficult and expensive), many countries don't recognise them anyway, not much you can do about it!

The point isn't really if its legal, it is if it will do Behringer more harm than good which I suspect it will and I am sad about that as I use and like a lot of their stuff (X32, DM12, Neuron, Model D and 960 Controller).
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Total low life thieves. Tried to sue Plugin Guru also.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

CrystalWizard wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:00 pm Total low life thieves. Tried to sue Plugin Guru also.
Hadn't heard of that. What for?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I don't understand why all this terminology like "war criminals", or "thieves" has to be brought into this. They're both companies, competing on a difficult market. Behringer is a lot bigger than Arturia, thus are probably more "immune", when it comes to law suits, therefor Arturia will hardly try anything.

Again, in the end, the customer has the choice. Behringer or Arturia. Or, Arturia or Behringer. That's all that matters to me really. I don't believe in condemning companies for being competitive. Arturia did a lot of "competitive" stuff as well. Doesn't mean they're war criminals though. They're a company, trying to make money, which still makes world go around.

Some very bad examples there on Behringer's IG. They're not exactly making the case for themselves, imho.

Behringer were very careful to not copy the distinguishable elements of Arturia's design language for midi controllers: using white, blue as an accent and grey hexagonal knobs. That would have been too obvious. The fact that ALL the connections on the back are in the exact same place to the mm, as is the position of the knobs and controls on the front, proves to me that thye do not care about intellectual property, and never did. Were this a 30 year old device, fine. But Behringer is ripping off a smaller company, who paid for the r&d of this device.
Last edited by RugerioDelStereo on Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I read the musictribe comment and just think that nobody signed in person was a downer - completely anonymous. Somebody responsible for R&D should put their name on it.

But otherwise I think what Behringer is doing is brilliant. I spent most of the day today with DM6 and this is not a ripoff of anything, innovative, well made in every aspect.

And likewise I love Neutron that also fills in some blank spots I had before.

Looking forward to Pro 800, and surely will get one of those.
And waiting for that I looked at Prophet 600 and found this I want to share - real nice Sequential stuff Pro One and a bunch of Prophet 600 in action and their Drumtraks as well, I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7PsnvMgTGU

I don't share the hate for Behringer at all - but just thought Swing was a stupid thing to do. :(

rasmusklump wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:17 am I've had more problems with Arturia products than Behringers...
...said no one ever.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:57 pm Why didn't Behringer just make their own design? Surely nowhere near as complex as making a new synth from scratch.
Because they rip off intellectual property so badly it makes China’s dick hard.

SLiC wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:47 pm The point isn't really if its legal, it is if it will do Behringer more harm than good which I suspect it will and I am sad about that as I use and like a lot of their stuff (X32, DM12, Neuron, Model D and 960 Controller).
I would think it is at least somewhat disheartening (if not compromising) for the extensive talent-pool of engineers/employees Uli has gathered together under the various brands, to be 'innovative', rather than imitative. :shrug:

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”