Maschine Software without hardware - is that possible? -> Yes!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
Native Instr sells Maschine software for hardware, appearently for people who bought the hardware 2nd hand without the software.
However, I would really like to have just have the software without the hardware esp. now it's for 50%.
Does anybody know what will happen if I bought it without owning the Maschine HW or a NI keyboard? Will Native Access say something like I'm missing the appropriate hardware or something like that?
I already bought a Machine factory expansion on this site from a kvr-er but when trying to input the transfer code, Native Access said I'm missing the hardware so I'm afraid this will happen again when I buy the software only.
I know it is meant for hardware but I just don't want a HW drum computer/controller =. Already tried that once with Arturia Spark... :)
I hope somebody can share their experience with this because Google doesn't provide a clear answer (often the discussion is more about whether it makes sense to use the software without the controller but I think that's up for me to decide)
Thanks
Paul
Last edited by Alfa Romeo on Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have Maschine Mk2 and it's perfectly usable without the hardware. Also, see this reply from NI:

https://www.native-instruments.com/foru ... a%20serial.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Some functions are not available without the controller.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I understand it can be used without the hardware but you do have the hardware. In other words you're more or less allowed to use it. However, does NI allow one to register and use without owning any piece of hardware attached to it (either Machine or a S or A keyboard of theirs)?
And with regard to the functions: does that also mean you're missing out on certain functions if you'd buy for instance the M32 keyboard to which Maschine essentias softeware is attached?
Thanks again!

For whomever it may concern: bought the software only and no problems registering or using it. Also it serves as the required base product for the Maschine Factory expansion.

Hi,

Same for me. I used the link above, bought Maschine Essentials software at 1/2 price during Black Friday. I was not particularly interested in this type of music but since I own Kmplete 13 U CE (70 expansions!) I wanted to experiment with Maschine projects, kits and sounds. And... do you now what? I ended up buying an inexpensive Maschine MK1 interface without the software. Maschine 2 SW is 100% functional with my Komplete Kontrol keyboard but it is easier to "play" without the mouse or computer keyboard using the right interface. With both it works great.

If some day I decide that Maschine is not for me, I can re-sale the HW with the SW and probably recover all the cost.

Big thanks to cryophonik and KVR for posting the link (it is completely hidden in Native Instruments web).

Reefius wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:31 pm Some functions are not available without the controller.
Which ones? Using mouse / computer keyboard is inefficient, but I think I can do EVERYTHING. Using a Kontrol keyboard it is VERY usable. I think this is the reason they bundle Maschine Essentials to most Kontrol keybaords (mine is Kontrol S49 MK1, one of the few eceptions so I bought Maschine essentials).

Now I also have an old Maschine MK1 that I bought dirty cheap without SW, it is times more usable live, but in the studio I can do everything with my control S and mouse / keyboard / computer screen.

Is anyone using the Maschine software/plugin on Big Sur?

I’ve been asked to upgrade the macs here at work but we have a working project that uses the plugin version of Maschine and I’m slightly terrified of potential problems..

parapentep70 wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:16 pm
Reefius wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:31 pm Some functions are not available without the controller.
Which ones?
Arpeggiator, note repeat, chords, lock states, perform FX, ...

I can do all this with keyboard and mouse, I already acknowledged that less efficiently. Now I am sure I can access all SOFTWARE functions.

Chords and aprpeggios can be writeen also with keyboard and mouse. Maschine is faster... but using a MIDI keyboard is WAY more efficient. Komplete Kontrol is even more efficient, knobs are already mapped.

I mention this not to argue but just to encourage people who have tons of Maschine Expansions to buy the inexpensive Maschine Essentials SW since it can be used without the controller. I think tomorrow is the last day. If they have a Kontrol keyboard better. And then possibly they could buy an inexpensive controller (Maschine MK1 without software can be really cheap).

Return to “Instruments”