vurt - phase iv

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
experimental.crow
KVRAF
6551 posts since 9 Mar, 2003 from the bridge of sighs

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:08 pm

wabi-sabi on mushrooms ...

:clap:
Image

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
3518 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:12 pm

Tasty! :tu:

User avatar
justin3am
KVRAF
11170 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 pm

vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm
cheers, the big space is the erbe verb...
I thought I was hearing modulated Erbe Verb. :tu:
vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm
the centre bit, is the feedback as a sound source (pinging the noise gate) crossfading with grandpa on some machine samples of factory machines, then the soma delay.

need more time with the dsm03feedback, enjoying it even more than i expected 8)

thanks for listening 8)
Tuned delays are one of my favorite sound sources. I love using granulated samples and down sampled noise as the exciter for KS patches. There was a lot of that going on in my last piece, with the output from Phonogene routed to Rings in string mode.

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2634 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 pm

It sounds full yet spacious and very otherworldly. Cool stuff. Well done! :)
Eurorack interests me until I see the prices. I'll have to stick with volcas and arduinos... :)
I have downloaded VCVRack but not spent a lot of time with it...
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
75494 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 pm

experimental.crow wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:08 pm
wabi-sabi on mushrooms ...

:clap:
:party:
thanks for listening :D

(it is the season for mushrooms too)

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
75494 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:03 pm

pekbro wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:12 pm
Tasty! :tu:
thank you very much :D

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
75494 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:06 pm

justin3am wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:52 pm
vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm
cheers, the big space is the erbe verb...
I thought I was hearing modulated Erbe Verb. :tu:
vurt wrote: ↑
Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:07 pm
the centre bit, is the feedback as a sound source (pinging the noise gate) crossfading with grandpa on some machine samples of factory machines, then the soma delay.

need more time with the dsm03feedback, enjoying it even more than i expected 8)

thanks for listening 8)
Tuned delays are one of my favorite sound sources. I love using granulated samples and down sampled noise as the exciter for KS patches. There was a lot of that going on in my last piece, with the output from Phonogene routed to Rings in string mode.
yeah, its very nice sound.
ive done it with delays in the past, but having the "ping" so i dont have to use an input is new to me :D
so more control over the when :hihi:
before it was pure chaos :ud: (which i also like, but its good to have choices!)
Last edited by vurt on Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
75494 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Allomerus wrote: ↑
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:17 pm
It sounds full yet spacious and very otherworldly. Cool stuff. Well done! :)
Eurorack interests me until I see the prices. I'll have to stick with volcas and arduinos... :)
I have downloaded VCVRack but not spent a lot of time with it...
cmon, its not like you need to eat more than a tin of beans a day! join us!!!
vcv is a pretty cool addition to your live rig though.
get something running, noodle along with volcas and guitar! awesome!

thanks for listening, glad you enjoyed :)

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2634 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:22 pm

Yes but Arduinos are so tasty, especially the Teensy variety.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
3518 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:56 pm

Allomerus wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:22 pm
Yes but Arduinos are so tasty, especially the Teensy variety.
Maybe the AE modular stuff, it's pretty affordable as compared to eurorack. I know some serious
eurorack guys who are having much fun with the tangiblewaves stuff recently.

https://www.tangiblewaves.com/

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2634 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:18 pm

Thanks for the link, they seem a lot cheaper.
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
pekbro
KVRAF
3518 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 pm

Allomerus wrote: ↑
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:18 pm
Thanks for the link, they seem a lot cheaper.
AE Modular is cool stuff, sooner or later I will grab one. BTW there is a huge amount of Teensy stuff in eurorack. That's how they do a lot of it, particularly the smaller developers, pretty sure I have 3 or 4 of them in my system, maybe more. :shrug: *That Flux sequencer for instance.

sry vurt for talking shop in your thread.
Last edited by pekbro on Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
2634 posts since 28 Aug, 2012 from Melbourne, Australia

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:16 pm

Sorry vurt.
I have been having fun using teensy to control Volcas. I have three independent midi channels out from it. Possibilities!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

User avatar
vurt
addled muppet weed
75494 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:30 pm

no apology needed for helping with gear porn :tu:


:hihi:

User avatar
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF
28889 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:01 pm

I like this one. It's so spacious ... feels like we're in the cargo bay of a massive space ship, but somethings not right :scared:

Very scifi/horror ...

Return to β€œMusic Cafe”