N.I. Straylight...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

you do't want to pay a shit-ton of money for it because you already paid a super shit-ton for Komplete and you know it will eventually become part of that. Feels like a good reason to avoid Komplete to me.
Quite the opposite - that's why I don't buy any more NI plugins, hoping they eventually end up in Komplete.

What do we have here so far:

- Straylight
- Picked Acoustics
- Super 8
- Noire
- Modular Icons

IMO all of them have a high chance to show up in next Komplete version.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

That's not the opposite, that exactly what I said. Straylight was around well before the most recent Komplete update but wasn't included so, as I said, it will be a couple of years old and used to death before it finds its way into Komplete and those who bought it separately will have used it to death.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Komplete has become more and more uncomplete lately and OTOT Ultimate isn't enough of course you have to buy Ultimate Colllector's Edition. :lol:

What's next? Ultimate CE Elite? Gold? Maybe Premium? :lol:

So yes, i have it too but i think i will get rid of it one day because of this nonsense.

PS. Afair Straylight was released in middle of 2019 of course they did not add it to 12 but surely it will not be a few years old when they add it to Komplete Ultimate CE.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Well, this thread was started in May 2019 but Komplete 12 was 2018, so my bad. I can't believe it's been that long since the last update, it feels like just a few months ago.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Indeed. Whatever is released after Komplete release goes into the next Komplete after 2 years, which is their typical release cycle for Komplete.

BONES wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:00 am Well, this thread was started in May 2019 but Komplete 12 was 2018, so my bad. I can't believe it's been that long since the last update, it feels like just a few months ago.
I know that feeling my friend! Unbelievable how fast time is ticking away. :wink:
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

BONES wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:00 am Well, this thread was started in May 2019 but Komplete 12 was 2018, so my bad. I can't believe it's been that long since the last update, it feels like just a few months ago.
Yes, tempus fugit.

But MX may have something to do with it. MX is part of Komplete but was only released end of june 2019. MX was pretty much the eyecatcher of Komplete 12. Threads of MX are still very euh ... active so that might contribute to the impression that it's all recent.

Straylight is half off during the Black Friday season along with most of NI's other stuff. The spec requirements specifically state it needs an i7, but has anyone had success with it using an i5? I'm on a mid-2020 Macbook Pro and really haven't found much that can kick its butt.

It eats through an i7...fast.

Yikes. Guess I'll stray away then. Thanks for the heads up!

dumbledog wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:25 pm Straylight is half off during the Black Friday season along with most of NI's other stuff. The spec requirements specifically state it needs an i7, but has anyone had success with it using an i5? I'm on a mid-2020 Macbook Pro and really haven't found much that can kick its butt.
While I do have an i7 that’s a bit disappointing to hear, but understandable in other respects. You could try disabling some of the effects that aren’t “essential” to the core sound of the preset.

Reverb’s usually a good one as it often incurs quite a bit of CPU penalty. Then just use a send on your mixer and link all your instances to one common reverb instead, that might save a few cycles

I think I may be falling fo it’s allure this time around. Seems like a great “sound design” tool to have for the kit. I was tossing up between this and Pharlight, but I think this seems more usable for my needs.

hey everyone, Straylight and Pharlight are both usable on a i5 IMHO.
You have to keep and eye on the number of played voices and avoid to use your standard keyboard voicings. The engine sounds best when you use wide spread chords with only 3 or 4 notes anyways. Some presets are CPU heavy but all of them can be played with a meaningful number of voices on an i5.
Both products have demo versions on the NI website. You can give it a try on your computer before buying. The libraries require less than 2.5 GB installation space.
Note that the Straylight & Pharlight bundle is also part of the NI sale. You can get them both for 149 EUR.
P.S.: I'm the creator of these products.

Oh hi there, Frank! :)

I was working on a Core i5 machine when I bought Straylight and it was fine.

What are the demo restrictions? It doesn't say on their website...

Return to “Instruments”