Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Just downloaded v1.0.3 and Kaspersky gives it a clean bill of health, as does Virustotal.

I have made a patch with filter self-oscillation and it sounds good. The only odd thing is that the oscillator needs to be turned on (only minimum volume needed) to be able to trigger the sound. It shouldn't be like that though.

And it is impossible do make a resonance filter sweep modulating with an Envelope.
So, no nice bass drums with the filter resonance :-
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Sound design for SQ8L and Alchemy

BONES wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:59 am Your PC isn't deleting it unless you let it. All you have to do is not accept the default a couple of times and it will install perfectly well.
olepro wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:15 amMight be a offending question, but did you also close the filter when moving the resonance.
It does not change the sound (much) if the filter cutoff is 100% open while moving the resonance slider...
Duh, yeah, I managed to do that. Playing around a bit more now, after listening to the Jupiter Bass patch, I can see what the problem was this morning - turning up the drive kills the resonance stone dead. But, let's be honest, there is not a whole lot going on with the resonance anyway. In fact, the filters are incredibly weak, probably the worst I've heard since the early LinPlug synths. It wouldn't matter how good the rest of it was, this is an instant deal-breaker.

If you're after a good, free synth, I suppose this is OK but, even with all its limitations compared to the commercial version, HY-Poly Free is a better deal.
Only if are looking for analog sounds, which this synth is not about.

If you want to get into wavetables, mangling, heavy modulation and stuff, vital is absolutely the best synth (even for 80 dollars).

Also, please don't generalize your opinion. Music is probably the most subjective thing out there.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Yup- using filters for subtractive sound design is just one (very overused) method of synthesis, with the WT stuff I often just use filters for a bit of EQ or not at all. If you want warm analogue or screaming resonance, use a real analogue synth (or a good VA), this is nice and digital, its good to have choices :-)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olepro wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am And it is impossible do make a resonance filter sweep modulating with an Envelope.
Why is it impossible? I have made several patches with filter sweep modulating with envelopes.

ecasasmusic2 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm
olepro wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am And it is impossible do make a resonance filter sweep modulating with an Envelope.
Why is it impossible? I have made several patches with filter sweep modulating with envelopes.
There is an old saying in my language that roughly translates to "If you don't know dancing, don't blame the dance floor"

Not without having volume on the oscillator (self oscillating filter)
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Paree wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:07 pm
There is an old saying in my language that roughly translates to "If you don't know dancing, don't blame the dance floor"
I was paid sound designer for Alchemy, I know what I am talking about
The filters does not self oscillate without having some signal from the oscillators
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

Tannaliini wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:00 am
p1afff wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:47 am Hi guys, when you don't care about presets and already have wavetables, what's the point of Plus vs Free ? Are the Plus included WT special ? Must have other benefits than only presets and WT quantity ?
If I'm not mistaken, the plus version might have more Text to wavetables per day than the free version (at least the Pro version has). But basically you can use the free version if you're not interested to get those extra presets or wavetables... It's just a nice way to support the developer if you like the synth ;)
TTWT of Basic and Plus have the same limitation, 5/day.

So I'd say Plus is more for supporting the dev for little money, and getting 3 times the ammount of content than the free version, I think it's a good deal.

s28 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:06 am Win10 is deleting a virus when I download it. Anything to concern over?

How do I get it to download? New to win10 here.

edit:
Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!cl
Anything to be bothered about or can I allow it? Want to try this synth out!

So can anyone let me know if it's ok to allow this within Windows Defender, I'm on a new laptop and not keen on accepting it before knowing it's safe. Not had this with any of my other plugins. Thank you in advance.

Turn off all oscillators
Choose the Ladder filter
Turn up the resonance full
Turn Filter cutoff down
Modulate filter cutoff with a fast envelope
Do you get any sound?
___The Jepptunes___
"Accept All the Good"

s28 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:54 pm
s28 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:06 am Win10 is deleting a virus when I download it. Anything to concern over?

edit:

So can anyone let me know if it's ok to allow this within Windows Defender, I'm on a new laptop and not keen on accepting it before knowing it's safe. Not had this with any of my other plugins. Thank you in advance.
I did it, no issues. I think it's safe.

s28 wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:54 pm

edit:

I think its safe if only 1 out of 68 detect a virus.

More than that Matt is a really nice dude and he would never give you trojan disguised as a synth.

Return to “Instruments”