Acoustic Samples B-5 V3 available now !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow! It sounds great ! And it's a FREE update for current owners.

Overview:
https://www.acousticsamples.net/keys/B5

New features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0TGOMxCVc0

Really fantastic update. And free! Bought this at V1 and got two beyond HUGE updates at no cost.

The new version sounds amazing. Some of the models in the prior version sounded a bit hollow, but that's all been rectified. The new Leslies sound great, the new voicing options are terrific, and the fx section is welcome. This already had the best out of the box organ controller mapping I've used, and that's been kept up and expanded here.

Only complaint: I'll hear audible glitches if I have the GUI open, particularly if moving UI elements. I'm running a Threadripper 3950x with a Radeon RX5500 (4GB RAM) graphics card here on an RME interface, so it's just not the kind of thing you'd expect in an otherwise empty project. Doesn't even require a high voice count, so I think those graphics+UVI just kind of bog something down in the engine somewhere because closing the GUI clears it right up.

And it's on promo right now... $76/69€ .

I haven't tested the new version yet, but the 2.x is already awesome, and the feature list on V3 is killer.

Thanks for the new version.
When I switch the Leslie from fast to slow I get a click. Anybody else too?

I downloaded it; so many variables to adjust (if you want to)
They even have electronic adjustments (wax capacitor, 1935 red capacitors recalibrated etc. ) There are a LOT of tweaking.

This definitely puts B-5 at the top of B3 VSTs by far. My background was playing B3 almost 20 years, so I know the nuances of the organ/leslie paradigm.. :tu:

https://www.acousticsamples.net/B5

I was so interested but then, iLok......

B5 was first introduced 4,5 years ago and it's been ilok since day one.

this company been ilok based for years. in fact, everything that's UVI Workstation based uses ilok.

once you see "UVI Workstation", you can be sure it's ilok.

Oh good to know. I mistakenly thought it was Kontakt too.

What's the problem with iLok? Just on more step to authorize... It's free :?
Seems you may be cutting yourself out of many VSTs... Just sayin...

Just installed the update and this sounds so different, I'm loving it, everything about the sound is better.
The GUI is very smooth for me, I used to have audio clicks with the older versions actually, but no issues with V3 right now.
Excellent work Acoustic Samples!!

So no one else does have a click when the rotor speed changes to slow?

rasmusklump wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:18 am So no one else does have a click when the rotor speed changes to slow?
It's tied to the acoustic volume on the Rotary (not the "Acoustic Volume" on the organ page). Not sure if it's by design but it seems like it is. If you want to get rid of it, go to the Speaker tab, then bring down the acoustic volume towards the top-left.

Ah OK. I will check it this evening. But shouldn't such a setting have impact on both directions? Here it's only happening with fast to slow.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:23 am
rasmusklump wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:18 am So no one else does have a click when the rotor speed changes to slow?
It's tied to the acoustic volume on the Rotary (not the "Acoustic Volume" on the organ page). Not sure if it's by design but it seems like it is. If you want to get rid of it, go to the Speaker tab, then bring down the acoustic volume towards the top-left.
Yep, this was reported and fixed ;) It was due to a sample that did not have the proper fade in... but it is now click free! (and yes, it was only on the acoustic sound of the Leslie) You will still hear the click of the relay, but that's part of every 122 ;)

ScrLk wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:30 pm I was so interested but then, iLok......
I don't want to start another discussion about iLok, but i just want to say that we are using the ilok software license in case it wasn't clear, you don't need a dongle, so it's like any other software protection.

Return to “Instruments”