a set of resonators create with ultrachannel

Official support for: eventide.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I'm proud to present you this set of sympathetic resonators realised on Ultrachannel that isn't as a channel strip, a plugin dedicated to such an effet at all !!!

:) https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ultrac ... /downloads

Let say just i appreciate the quality, the stability and the detailed set of parameters, especially the feedback and the delay time, both crucial, that can be detailed to a tenth of millisecond
No doubt that the fact that Eventide being a well established company for (at least) the early seventies,it long experience in musical electronics made this possible

Two different process chain , covering each notes of chromatic transpositions both in an insert and in a send/return situation (at least 48 presets) Of course all the delay times has been chosen manually...

As advices, I would recommend to use instruments being poor in harmonics, I had pretty nice sounds mainly with Trillian’s fretless and diverse electric pianos when not too bright in their harmonic content

Otherwise a sort of metallic sounds appears, that might be desired but with a less warmer feel induced

As a composer advice, I suggest to choose the fundamental of your scale (monotonal compositions, without modal transpositions)

major (Ionian) and lydian mode are IMO the most effective, but not necessarily, depend on the way you’ll mix your sound sources together

As an example, here a short tune on an a capella improvisation of a singer from Burkina Faso (on a minor scale)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kabra9l212f66 ... s.zip?dl=0

As usual, if the link doest not work by itself then copy/paste it in your browser

For any reason, if you wish to contact the artist, here her professional Facebook page (in frensh)

https://www.facebook.com/awa.chibala

To conclude, I suggest to drop my folder among those from other sound designer that contributed to create presets for this plugin (on a Mac : User / « your name » / Documents / Eventide / Ultrachannel / Presets)

Alexandre Borcic

These are really cool. Thanks so much for creating and sharing. I'll pass along to the developers and let you know if they have any feedback!

nice from you, i intend to do a similar work with band delays and especially octavox, i've done already a big work on this last one except that i've saved these presets only into logic yet

...one thing that would really help me if you have any notions is a correlation between pitches and delay time : a frequency being in phase with a delay time turn the delay line into a resonator when feedback is turned on high levels as far as i can judge, (you know 20hz and 50 millisecond / 40hz and 25 ms / 80 hz and 12.5 ms / etc/ etc...)

...but i'm not a coder so my notions are reduced ?

Krakatau wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:58 pm
...one thing that would really help me if you have any notions is a correlation between pitches and delay time : a frequency being in phase with a delay time turn the delay line into a resonator when feedback is turned on high levels as far as i can judge, (you know 20hz and 50 millisecond / 40hz and 25 ms / 80 hz and 12.5 ms / etc/ etc...)

...but i'm not a coder so my notions are reduced ?
Time (s) = 1 / Frequency
Time (ms) = 1000 / Frequency

So, for instance, a 20Hz wave has a period of 0.05 seconds, or 50 milliseconds.

Ultrachannel is my favourite channel strip.

Return to “Eventide”