Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 pm Glad to see the excitement for AmpliTube 5
I think you're confusing the word 'excitement' with the word 'frustration'. Maybe IK think that's a great sales tactic. It's not.

jamcat wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:46 pm So where's this 30-minute in-depth video presented by melodic guitarist Neil Zaza that walks us through many of the new features and sounds available in AmpliTube 5?

Edit:
Nevermind, I found it myself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-dipelaBFI

Skip the first 15 minutes. :roll: :x

EDIT #2:
Actually, just skip the whole video. It is extremely low on content.
It doesn't show any of the new gear or the cab section AT ALL. Just some wanking about.
I finally got around to watching this. is this the thing they were hyping as the big special IMSTA exclusive? It was pretty weak. :-( why is there no in depth coverage on this product? I think IKM really needs get a social media influencer to do a in depth review if they are hoping to covert any AT 4.x users.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Neil Zaza: "Who doesn't want to use the bathroom? We all know what that sounds like."
Also Neil: switches to another room without playing anything in the bathroom.

The entire video is a half-hour of endless frustration.

IK claimed that "Neil Zaza will walk us through many of the new features and sounds available in AmpliTube 5 during another 30-minute, in-depth video."

Things Neil DOESN'T demonstrate:
VIR Tech
The bathroom
The subway
VariDiode+
Ampless
SilverPlate 50
MiniPlex 20
New York B750
German 34
VHandcraft 4

Things Neil DOES demonstrate:
Banter with Derrick Floyd
Drag & drop
Brit 8000
Overscream
The generic compressor stomp
Knobs
The mixer
His own music
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:51 pm Depends if you are transferring them all to a single person. IK allow transferring multiple licenses to one recipient with a single transfer credit.
FYI, IK confirmed that one needs a Transfert credit per license

tappert wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:52 am
Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:51 pm Depends if you are transferring them all to a single person. IK allow transferring multiple licenses to one recipient with a single transfer credit.
FYI, IK confirmed that one needs a Transfert credit per license
Funny, I have an email confirming that one transfer credit can transfer multiple licenses in a single transfer.

Maybe they change their mind in the meantime. If you still have the email, feel free to PM me, I wonder how they would explain it

At this price tag, it becomes almost useless to try to sell a Collection, which is probably the intended goal

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:47 am
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:53 pm Glad to see the excitement for AmpliTube 5
I think you're confusing the word 'excitement' with the word 'frustration'. Maybe IK think that's a great sales tactic. It's not.
There is plenty of excitement, I see it and the results of it daily. If you are frustrated with the information presented on the AmpliTube 5 web pages let us know. I believe that with the comparison charts, links of what is included, audio and video demos, etc that are there give a lot of information but of course folks are welcome to wait until the release before the end of the year if you are not interested in pre-ordering.

I'm pretty excited about the CS release alone. Will the intro pricing not be available after release? So I won't be able to see if I'm good with just CS or want to upgrade before intro pricing is gone?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm
Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:47 am
There is plenty of excitement, I see it and the results of it daily. If you are frustrated with the information presented on the AmpliTube 5 web pages let us know. I believe that with the comparison charts, links of what is included, audio and video demos, etc that are there give a lot of information but of course folks are welcome to wait until the release before the end of the year if you are not interested in pre-ordering.
I never pre-order anything, its not a sales tactic I succumb to. Would've been nice to just have the demo in place before release. Guess that's too much to ask. Doesn't matter now, all this faffing about has made me realise IK are a bit flakey and I'm going to put my money towards a Line 6 Pod Go instead.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yeh, like many people I just find these long, drip feed campaigns tedious...Line 6 by complete contrast just dropped Helix Native 3 as a massive update, free of cost and hype and available as soon as it was announced. That's how to do it.

I'm sure IK (who I think make great products) do themselves more harm than good with their marketing strategy, I just uninstalled T-Racks 5 (despite owning it) as I now have so few of the modules (which cant be hidden) that all it is now is essentially a shop...I wont upgrade to MAX for for 80E in the current sale for the same reason (half the gear would be unavailable), all they need to do is add a 'hide gear you don't own' option and it will be reinstalled and maybe even upgraded one day!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:40 pm If you are frustrated with the information presented on the AmpliTube 5 web pages let us know.
I thought that is what people were doing.

This is what people want to see:

Actual demonstrations showing VIR tech in action, including mic movement, on/off-axis, and rotation.

Comparisons of gear and cabs in AT4 vs. AT5. You say it’s better. Show us.

The new stuff. Let’s hear the new stomps, amps, and rooms in action. Let’s hear bass DI vs. Ampless. Let’s hear the various modes of VariDiode+. Let’s hear the different channels of the SilverPlate 50 and the VHandcraft 4.

Give us a real video demonstration of what AmpliTube 5 brings to the table.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Its almost like they want you to pre-order before you can really hear it/try it out!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I think companies forget that we're the customer: you should be trying to entice me to buy your stuff over somebody else's stuff. Well at least that's how I thought business worked. Sure you've got enough sales to probably not care it seems, as you keep reminding us, but you could have all the sales if your company acted a bit more professionally. I'm not prepared to carry on with a company constantly taking the piss out of its customers.

This^.
I actually really like everything I have purchased from IKMM but the thing is none of it is irreplaceable. I have a number of things which totally are irreplaceable but none of the IK plugins are in my estimation. So, a certain degree of PITA is acceptable but when there are multiple aspects which are, and which are practically sui generis pain in the ass with problems the vendor insists on creating for the customer, kills my enthusiasm for buying. I'm the kind of person who grew to hate parting with my money, ya know. On top of that, customer loyalty means nothing to this vendor; they seem to think this [kind of incoherent] points system suffices in its stead.
Last edited by jancivil on Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

There is a filter for hiding gear you don't own in AmpliTube 5.

And sorry to others as it seems I inadvertently hurt some feelings, but I mainly meant to relay information/facts. Sorry if it seemed to be anything other than that.

Return to “Effects”