Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:17 am Use your tiny f**king brain and think for just one second.
:clown: You're a clown my dude :clown:

It seems that some people need to be told that a synth sounds good or not, or whether it suits their 'style'.

The acid test is to try it for yourself and, if you like it - great!
If not, ah well, move-on - there is plenty of choice out there, and for that I'm thankful.

I spent a few hours on Vital and it wasn't for me, soundwise. Interesting approach though, I like the modulation system a lot. Props to the developer for their hard work and original marketing.
I may revisit it later if it is developed (esp filters) further.

Don't hate me.

stimresp wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:21 pm It seems that some people need to be told that a synth sounds good or not, or whether it suits their 'style'.

If not, ah well, move-on - there is plenty of choice out there, and for that I'm thankful.

I spent a few hours on Vital and it wasn't for me, soundwise. Interesting approach though, I like the modulation system a lot. Props to the developer for their hard work and original marketing.

Don't hate me.
Not nearly contrary and reactive enough, try again :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:24 pm
stimresp wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:21 pm It seems that some people need to be told that a synth sounds good or not, or whether it suits their 'style'.

Don't hate me.
Not nearly contrary and reactive enough, try again :lol:
Where's my fuggin' gun? Someone's gonna pay.

Don't hate me.
I totally understand your point and respect it. Its totally one thing to say "its not for me" and totally another thing to say "this synth is trash, you are a moron if you like it".
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Don't hate me.
oops! an adult snuck into a kvr thread... respect. :tu:

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 pm Filters are nice, 'fresh' if have to describe them with my words
I like them too, especially 'Dirty' with plenty of drive, they have a nice character of their own and are perfectly suited for edgy electronic music. Lots of options for bringing them to life via modulation too, for example modulating cutoff, resonance, blend and drive with the same macro to make more interesting filter sweeps. The second polyphonic filter is a welcomed addition (compared to Serum) and I really dig the Phaser model (in the FX too), it's more cutting/electric than smooth/creamy, which is perfect for psychedelic sound design.
Always Read the Manual!

BONES wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:17 am No, it doesn't because there simply isn't the level of resonance available to facilitate it. But feel free to prove me wrong and share a patch with us.
Teksonik wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:49 am Two Oscs One Filter. Took sixty seconds to program.

Two Notes

Single Note Sweep

Filter Fall with Resonance
Are Vital's filters the best in the business? No. Is Vital the first synth I would reach for when making these types of sounds? No.

But if you have even a tiny bit of creativity and skill you can get great sounds out of Vital.

Those who lack imagination and skills will focus on the weaknesses of a synth. Those who have sufficient imagination and creativity will focus on the strengths of a synth and enjoy getting great sounds out of it.

It's quite clear which one you are so why don't you just move along and let those of us with sufficient imagination and creativity enjoy this synth without being harassed ?

Not every synth is for everybody and with the free version it's possible for everyone to make up their own minds if Vital is for them or not. They don't need your "help". Not everyone is looking to make the same sounds you are and not everyone is trying to make every synth an emulation of some forty year old analog dinosaur.

Vital has just been released and the developer has been quite responsive on his forum so I am confident it will continue to grow and improve.

If Vital is not for you that's fine but move on and stop insulting and harassing people.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:05 am
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:43 am
fisherKing wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:10 pm
Jonathan Shepherd wrote: Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:07 pm Ah ok thanks guys. I'm totally offline so presets are a no go for me. Oh well
check out 'the internet' (where you're posting). you can connect to it, and download presets, just as you downloaded vital itself (really; if you can download the synth, can't you work out to download the presets? you could download them somewhere, then copy that file to your offline computer...)???
There is no way to download presets from the Vital site AFAIK.
Usually you can "tether" your computer to the internet connection of your phone via WIFI?
But some pages ago somebody posted the free content as a download, so maybe that's an option
When the dust settles, maybe you can contact Matt and ask him for a direct download.
Or if you have a laptop, use a public hotspot somewhere?
Thanks mate! Found the link:
Amram wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:55 pm For users with problems to download the content.
Here is a link you can download the content for Vital Free Ver:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/25idm1zwnjkp6 ... l.zip?dl=0

Mac:
User>username>music>Vital

Win:
\Documents\Vital

Just extract the zip file .

I have to say, I wasn't looking for another wavetable synth, but this design is very impressive. Has pretty much everything you could ask for. The mod remap is especially great for MPE.

I'm sure this was already posted, but great vid on some key features here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6hK0OAX8kA

PieBerger wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:50 am
MuzikFreq wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 am PsyTrance... For sure this is a great synth
Tried a supersaw though.... OOF The sound doesn't do well though for unique pads and filtering it can make some amazing pads
The default saw is a tad obnoxious imo, have you tried using a different one. Also forgive me for assuming your ignorance, but did you play around with the unison settings in the Advanced tab? By default it has a 2 semitone range and is superwide, which for me at least, is way over the top. If you haven't played around with these settings, maybe give it a go and see if it changes your mind :)
I haven't loaded all my saw waves yet to try them out.
And yeah I looked into the detune settings and fiddled with them.

I mean I don't need it to do such things but always interested since I have other synths like Odin2, Serum, Massive, Sylenth1, ANA2, ect.
THOUGH at 1 point it did glitch out and the audio went kind of crazy and sounded super distorted but then fixed itself eventually.

To me there's a lot of buzziness when you start adding unison with the default saw

So made a filter sweep comparison audio sample between Pigments and Vital.
On both synth Digital filters were selected (12db)
First is Vital. Hard to spot the difference:

http://www.filedropper.com/vitalvspigmentsres

Now when I selected Analog filters instead on Vital, then this boomy end dissapeared. Which is ok to have one filter with a boomy end and another without it. If you want to make an original reece bass, use Digital filter on Vital.

And here is 24db. Well, here IS the difference, the Vital's tone has not change that much between 12/24, while Pigments had a drastic change:

http://www.filedropper.com/vitalvspigmentsres24db

So i don't see any issues with that. In fact, some of the Vital filters have much more character than in Pigment.
Last edited by Igro on Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.

MuzikFreq wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:59 pm
PieBerger wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:50 am
MuzikFreq wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 am PsyTrance... For sure this is a great synth
Tried a supersaw though.... OOF The sound doesn't do well though for unique pads and filtering it can make some amazing pads
The default saw is a tad obnoxious imo, have you tried using a different one. Also forgive me for assuming your ignorance, but did you play around with the unison settings in the Advanced tab? By default it has a 2 semitone range and is superwide, which for me at least, is way over the top. If you haven't played around with these settings, maybe give it a go and see if it changes your mind :)
I haven't loaded all my saw waves yet to try them out.
And yeah I looked into the detune settings and fiddled with them.

I mean I don't need it to do such things but always interested since I have other synths like Odin2, Serum, Massive, Sylenth1, ANA2, ect.
THOUGH at 1 point it did glitch out and the audio went kind of crazy and sounded super distorted but then fixed itself eventually.

To me there's a lot of buzziness when you start adding unison with the default saw
Same, I'd say ANA2 is my favourite for classic detuned supersaw sounds. I can live with a less than perfect unison (for supersaws anyway), it still sounds plenty good enough for me, when using other waveforms and modulating the unison depth etc, especially drenched in Vital's lovely chorus and reverb FX :)
Always Read the Manual!

It's unusable without factory content. How big a download is that?

Erisian wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:21 pm It's unusable without factory content. How big a download is that?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Return to “Instruments”