Acustica spectral editing - Deselect?

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi

Is there a way to deselect from a selection in the spectral editing window? To add a selection with shift works great but I cant find any keycommand to deselect stuff. Would be great to have when using the magic wand and have selected some stuff and suddenly it select to much.

Hi Lucas,
Lucas Soundpost wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:29 am Is there a way to deselect from a selection in the spectral editing window? To add a selection with shift works great but I cant find any keycommand to deselect stuff. Would be great to have when using the magic wand and have selected some stuff and suddenly it select to much.
I apologize for my late reply. You can press Cmd+D (Mac) or Ctrl+D (Windows) to deselect.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:23 am Hi Lucas,

I apologize for my late reply. You can press Cmd+D (Mac) or Ctrl+D (Windows) to deselect.

Best,
Stian
Thanks. That command deselects all my selection. What I want to do is to use the same tool and just choose parts to deselect. As I wrote, If I have used the magic wand for example, and selected different parts with the shift key. Then suddenly it selected something wrong, I want to hold down a key, and instead of adding a selection, choose one part from the selection to delete from the total selection. If I deselect all with cmd+D I have to redo all my selections. It's the same as just click somewhere else. I guess this isn't possible. Then its a wish for feature update ;)

Lucas Soundpost wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:37 pm Thanks. That command deselects all my selection. What I want to do is to use the same tool and just choose parts to deselect. As I wrote, If I have used the magic wand for example, and selected different parts with the shift key. Then suddenly it selected something wrong, I want to hold down a key, and instead of adding a selection, choose one part from the selection to delete from the total selection. If I deselect all with cmd+D I have to redo all my selections. It's the same as just click somewhere else. I guess this isn't possible. Then its a wish for feature update ;)
Oh, sorry for misunderstanding. You can also choose "Edit > Selection > Select previous" or use the undo / redo buttons to the right of the selection field below the waveform. If you use this frequently, I would recommend to create your own shortcut for it in the preferences. I guess we should provide a factory preset as well.

Unfortunately, while testing, I discovered a minor error in the selection undo / redo logic and the select previous doesn't respond until there's something in the view undo / redo stack. We'll get that fixed in the next update. After changing the viewport once, it works fine. Sorry about that.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:13 am You can also choose "Edit > Selection > Select previous" or use the undo / redo buttons to the right of the selection field below the waveform.
That's not really a helpful solution though, at least not for what is being asked. It should be possible to remove distinct areas from an existing selection, not just undo mishaps. Just like it's possible to take an existing selection and add to it, it should be possible to subtract from it in the same way, 'cut out' of existing selections, like it works in just about every graphics app.
selection.gif
I don't know if this is just a quirk or a design decision, but Acoustica seems to 'stack' multiple selection areas, even if they overlap, rather than combine them into a single selection area, which I guess makes it harder to add/subtract if several 'stacked' selections already exist.

Btw, not to derail the thread, but the selection generally feels a bit sluggish, like it's always a second behind the cursor, constantly doing its best to catch up. Is there anything one can do against that?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Confucamus.

Return to “Acon Digital”