a few newbie questions

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

Really love this product and just got the pro version. Looking forward to digging deeper. I'm accustomed to hardware samplers, so I understand the basics but i have some specific questions:

1 - I'm an e-drummer, so I generally make 1 note groups where each note might have 4 samples velocity-faded across each other. My question is: Is there any trick to building this format a little more automatically? Saving a template or switching out samples while keeping velocity/fade info?

2 - Is there no way to MMB scroll up & down? I seem to have to move the (very narrow) scroll bar the right to move down through the sections. I know I can turn panels on/off, but would love the ability to just scroll.

3 - speaking GUI - it would be really great if we could maximize to the screen. a lot of space is available to the sampler, but isn't being used...

4 - I use an Alesis Nitro drum module and the Midi Out creates notes of zero length. I am searching for ways to change this, but I don't think it's possible. Does anyone know of a real-time midi filter that can delay the Midi Off signal? Otherwise, I have to record the module audio just to monitor, then go into the midi afterwards and selAll/make 1/4 or whatever. So, I can't actually PLAY the sampler in real time with my kit, which is heartbreaking.

Thanks all! I am sure you'll be hearing more from me (especially about matrices, I'm trying to get my head wrapped around that)

Declan

Quick answers:
1.) If you really want velocity fading, build a program with a group with a key mapping set up, with the crossfades built. Then just use this program as a template, copy-paste the mapping, move to key, then drag and drop samples into the respective regions to replace the actual content.
Or if you meant just velocity mapped (which is imho much more useful, esp for drums), simply drag your samples with "map velocity" on (ctrl drag modifier).
2.) The slot section will scroll using mouse wheel anywhere nothing else responds to the wheel. But you can always just wheel over the scroll bar also. Remember you can also use the 1-9 keys to toggle visibility/focus on the various editors of the slot.
3.) You can change overall UI size in the settings. You can also switch between compact, normal and large UI in the top panel (the three buttons next to the performance selector).
4.) If you use drums and get zero length MIDI notes, set up your mappings to use either oneshot trigger mode or a working long release for the AEG.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks @elcallio! I will dig into these suggestions, but I'm not sure what you meant by AEG (?).

Dec

Amplitude envelope. (AEG = Amplitude Envelope Generator)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Quick update on this for future users -

Regarding the zero-length notes, that was a red herring. The actual problem was that the sampler was only listening to Midi channel 1, and the drum brain was sending on 10. Set the sampler to Omni and all's good!

And another quick followup: I also had to change Group "Mode" to Oneshot instead of Normal.

Return to “CWITEC”