add cue marker to timeline on the fly?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

JHernandez wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:About the browser, I'm talking about the little arrows in the browser, they're always dropped down/open by default. I haven't found a way to keep them closed. I added a lot of folders (folder inside folders . . .) to get to my categorized sounds/sample library from there and those little drop down arrows will not stay closed so I end up with a long list of open folders of folders instead of being able to just choose one and open it to quickly get into the folder I need. I hope you follow that. :lol: I did say I'm tired.
Ah, I see - well, yeah, those things are part of why I keep the side browser hidden completely and stay with the pop-up-browser which works for my needs (and audio I browse externally with Resonic Pro)... ;-)

Back to moaning now - sorry I interrupted :hug:

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:Ah, I see - well, yeah, those things are part of why I keep the side browser hidden completely and stay with the pop-up-browser which works for my needs (and audio I browse externally with Resonic Pro)... ;-)

Back to moaning now - sorry I interrupted :hug:
Actually, why do we even still have both browsers? We gotta be the only DAW with such a "feature". There should be a setting in options to disable one of them permanently...
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

---- Mis-clicked...
Last edited by Obsolete413194 on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

George Sigsally wrote:
antic604 wrote:
George Sigsally wrote:I dont get this complain - It would be easier to add it on fly, but why such moarning, since it seem to me that you cant skip between them -what bad joke: manual says: To trigger playback from a Cue Marker: double-click its play icon. I dont wanna bash Bitwig, but compare to Ableton, where you key map next, previous Locator - this is massive downside in workflow. Anyway idea of exporting to audio for further processing any midi track with LFO says no to ableton. I can survive without skip between locator though..
Well, to certain extant you can do that - you can map keyboard keys or midi notes to specific markers, eg. marker #1, #2, etc. No next / previous unfortunately. And I agree, this is a huge omission on their part and I can't understand why this option isn't given yet in actions available for mapping :(
Thnx! - overlooked that they can be mapped (using Bitwig just few days), cool - it now make sense to use them: no more "moarnig")) Thinking about it retrospectively - even Cue markers are better than in Ableton: you can hide them/ color them - make part of the song easier to distinguish/ look better/ you can move them simultaneously - so you can put like 4 markers in bar interval - map it and you have small range of Session view like something which u can move as you create song/ and I did not check 2.3 yet)

Pprimo wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:55 pm
killmaster wrote:yeh, kinda surprising. In my mind, very rudimentary workflow omission. I'd be curious why they left that command out of the shortcut assignment list.
Im hoping they start adding these common practice workflow options at a faster pace man.
Me too. It seems they release five new modulators for every workflow improvement. Would love one or two updates focused on busting niggles and getting right the bread-and-butter.

Scoox wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:39 amMe too. It seems they release five new modulators for every workflow improvement.
There are more workflow improvements added with each update than new modulators.

pdxindy wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:57 pm
Scoox wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:39 amMe too. It seems they release five new modulators for every workflow improvement.
There are more workflow improvements added with each update than new modulators.
Just joking there :) Funny how all DAW makers are doing just that, they keep adding gimmicks while old issues go unaddressed. In truth Bitwig's development pace is very fast compared with the competition, and I trust we are going to see some really compelling improvements in 2021.

Still no shortcut available? Also no go to marker X, but lunch (play) from marker X!

Bitwig team needs to give some love to cue marker mapping IMO.

antic604 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:29 am Well, to certain extant you can do that - you can map keyboard keys or midi notes to specific markers, eg. marker #1, #2, etc. No next / previous unfortunately. And I agree, this is a huge omission on their part and I can't understand why this option isn't given yet in actions available for mapping :(
There is a shortcut-option for jump to next/prev cue.... but just the NEXT will work as except. The PREV is not usable during PLAYBACK: It will allways UNDERSTAND the current cue is the "PREV", which is in hard-logic right (you are some beats/ticks... "away from there), so its logically right, but not the excepted/usable "prev" you want! You have to stop and click twice to jump to the (meaning) PREV cue!

Cue markers are limited up to 40 cues.
Wish it is unlimited.

Adding & placing them needs to be improved,
Such as line indicator of it & make the cue
placed above little so it gets easy to be
grabbed & moved.

Return to “Bitwig”