Arturia Jup-8 V4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 4:56 pmThe Arturia sounds a bit brighter in general (at least from what I hear), so, they're a tad different in overall character.
Do note the "VCO" knob under the "calibration" section on the TAL. Turning this knob up will brighten up the entire synth.

what u have to have v8 to get jup v4 i am done with arturia that is shameless considering v7 plugins still have bugs. I also bought spark le big mistake good idea ruined by buggy vst which took years to fix even then it still is buggy

boombaxx wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:02 am what u have to have v8 to get jup v4
No, you don't.
A well-behaved signature.

I've gotten like 8 new synths (including the 4 new ones in v-collection 8) in the past month due to all the sales so I haven't had nearly enough time with them but both the Arturia and the TAL are great.

If you don't have v-collection I definitely wouldnt spend $200 on the Arturia a la cart. If you have V-collection you'll probably be completely fine with the Arturia over the TAL. They both are awesome when you make your own sounds, but I think for stock presets I like the TALs better.

I really like the new version of Arturia's synth. The GUI is great now. The sound is very nice too, big, bright, and open sounding. Really nice!

Sounds like pay to win like computer games. New armour and a better sword thats why i have always been a fan of xils no next years slightly better edition. For the cheap price of, if it was cheap it,s not.

Jkist wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:32 am Do note the "VCO" knob under the "calibration" section on the TAL. Turning this knob up will brighten up the entire synth.
Why would a VCO knob brighten anything? Did you mean VCF?
Stormchild

Arashi wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:41 pm
Jkist wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:32 am Do note the "VCO" knob under the "calibration" section on the TAL. Turning this knob up will brighten up the entire synth.
Nope, I said VCO. You are literally controlling the brightness of the VCO. It is labeled as VCO, but turning it upward brightens the overall character of the VCO.

I hate the fact that they removed its original presets

Hmmmm let me guess , what about accentuating /boosting higher harmonics
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

Arashi wrote:
There were two revisions of the original hardware unit. 12 bit and 14 bit. I believe the knob is supposed to emulate stepping through difference of the oscillators from 12 bit (duller) to 14 bit (brighter). That’s pretty much what it sounds like (and looks like on a scope) to me.
On a number of Macs

Yes and no. If you compare the output of Arturia and TAL using a scope, you can see that TAL adds some harmonics to the wave form, though not as much as Arturia. The waveform shape is also changed.
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:14 am
Hmmmm let me guess , what about accentuating /boosting higher harmonics

Jkist wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:58 pm Nope, I said VCO. You are literally controlling the brightness of the VCO. It is labeled as VCO, but turning it upward brightens the overall character of the VCO.
How does it do that? The "character" of a VCO is the waveform it generates. A saw wave is already the "brightest" waveform (has the most harmonics).
Stormchild

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:14 am Hmmmm let me guess , what about accentuating /boosting higher harmonics
By messing with the waveform? When did the Jupiter-8 become a phase modulation synth?
Stormchild

Weasel-Boy wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:46 amThere were two revisions of the original hardware unit. 12 bit and 14 bit. I believe the knob is supposed to emulate stepping through difference of the oscillators from 12 bit (duller) to 14 bit (brighter). That’s pretty much what it sounds like (and looks like on a scope) to me.
This is the first I've heard anything about the 12- vs. 14-bit Jupiter-8 having any difference in brightness. As far as I know, that change was made for tuning stability, and has no effect on anything else.
Stormchild

Return to “Instruments”