What Filter do you use ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:39 am seriously, if you wanna go on believing all vst filters sound completely different, it's your choice.
Seriously, if you wanna go on believing Kuhnt is being even slightly consistent, its your choice...
Kinh wrote:mono/poly has one of the most unique filters of any vst. Its kinda like a comb filter but with more band depth where it's resonant's distortion squeals.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Phuturetone Philteroid
GuDa Audio FiltR
MIA Laboratories BORDER
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

:lol:

Kinh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:39 amThe subtle differences in tone are virtually 0
But isn't that what this audio-thing of ours is all about? Subtle differences? If you admit they exist then why argue they're irrelevant?

I have far from golden ears and am happy with the tools I've settled on. But if someone who does this for a living can get something from one filter they don't from another then surely that's worthwhile to them? The guy at the tyre place asks me if I have any preference on make. Cheap and doesn't burst does me but sure a stunt driver would appreciate a choice of treads etc. Difference between guitars is negligible to people who don't play them. Plug a strat and a les paul into the same amp and, to one person, you'll get the same sound, a clean one. To another you'll get totally different tones, warmer, sharper, snappier. Even different strats some will appreciate, different coil windings, neck profile etc.

Dismissing subtle differences just makes you sound... uninformed?

Poor Kinh. Not being able to hear the difference in filters must be as frustrating as not being able to differentiate your onions from your potatoes.

audiouser720 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:18 pm Poor Kinh. Not being able to hear the difference in filters must be as frustrating as not being able to differentiate your onions from your potatoes.
You would find that frustrating? wow!
My advice: MAN UP! :hihi:

The OP probably wishes they'd never asked now ;)

Not before all filters available have been mentioned... (including analog hardware...)

There is still a lot to list then. Crack on boys :D

(In the meantime: am happy replacing eurorack, jupiter, moog and SH filters with Cytomic The Drop - the secret weapon amongst pros nowadays (not just particularly for filtering) - but let’s have a definitive list of all the runner ups haha

Kinh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:39 am
xx JPRacer xx wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm Seriously if some people can't hear the differences between different lp filters then they should just stop posting. (or maybe stop listening with the on-board laptop speakers?)
seriously, if you wanna go on believing all vst filters sound completely different, it's your choice. Whatever inspiration you need to spend $$$ on...nothing. Your spending sprees dont affect me. Ive tried many of the filters mentioned and they're all the same + I think I know a thing or two about the subject based on my experience. The subtle differences in tone are virtually 0. But, if you know better...

Anyway have fun spending ya money! :D
I'm not saying they sound COMPLETELY different but the differences are there and audible. It's like comparing different brands of Ketchup. They all taste like Ketchup but they have small, perceptible differences. Some people care some don't but you can't deny the differences are there.

Or maybe it's possible you can't hear the difference? My friend can't between 30 and 60 fps in game and he don't understand why most gamers b*tch about 30 fps... Could be the same thing with you? If that's the case then in a sense you're lucky, choices become much simpler.
Last edited by xx JPRacer xx on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wanted to edit previous post - delete

xx JPRacer xx wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:01 pm
xx JPRacer xx wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:51 pm Seriously if some people can't hear the differences between different lp filters then they should just stop posting. (or maybe stop listening with the on-board laptop speakers?)
seriously, if you wanna go on believing all vst filters sound completely different, it's your choice. Whatever inspiration you need to spend $$$ on...nothing. Your spending sprees dont affect me. Ive tried many of the filters mentioned and they're all the same + I think I know a thing or two about the subject based on my experience. The subtle differences in tone are virtually 0. But, if you know better...

I'm not saying they sound COMPLETELY different but the differences are there and audible. It's like comparing different brands of Ketchup. They all taste like Ketchup but they have small, perceptible differences. Some people care some don't but you can't deny the differences are there.

Or maybe it's possible you can't hear the difference? My friend can't between 30 and 60 fps in game and he don't understand why most gamers b*tch about 30 fps... Could be the same thing with you? If that's the case then in a sense you're lucky, choices become much simpler.
Either that or you're a sucker for phony endorsements, clever marketing and black friday sales. I know what my money's on. :wink:

Kinh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:08 pm
xx JPRacer xx wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:01 pm

Either that or you're a sucker for phony endorsements, clever marketing and black friday sales. I know what my money's on. :wink:
wochu eevn jibber jabberin aboot?
yu av nay eye deer wochu onabart

This one.

Seriously.

FilterFreak, Volcano and Shade
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Effects”