great free bass exciter/deepener for soft synths?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VoS NasyLF
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

anyone else hear a quality difference between Diva and freeware? Maybe it's just me. Thinking there was a reason Diva keeps topping the charts :D

wwjd wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 pm anyone else hear a quality difference between Diva and freeware? Maybe it's just me. Thinking there was a reason Diva keeps topping the charts :D
Of course there's going to be a difference - it just depends upon how much "quality" you need and how that weighs up against cost. To snigger and sneer at freeware is unbelievably pompous. You spend your oodles of money how you wish but some of us are happy with freeware for the time being and a lot of it is actually extremely useable - it just takes a little more effort. You can make a masterpiece with children's toys if you have the patience and imagination.

Erisian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 pm You can make a masterpiece with children's toys if you have the patience and imagination.
:?:

In my day we weren't even lucky enough to have toys. We had to make masterpieces out of rags and stale bread.

OP: how about Xfer OTT? Not for bass per se but still a chunky sound.

https://xferrecords.com/freeware

I second layzer's suggestion of IVGI.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Erisian wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 pm
wwjd wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:55 pm anyone else hear a quality difference between Diva and freeware? Maybe it's just me. Thinking there was a reason Diva keeps topping the charts :D
Of course there's going to be a difference - it just depends upon how much "quality" you need and how that weighs up against cost. To snigger and sneer at freeware is unbelievably pompous. You spend your oodles of money how you wish but some of us are happy with freeware for the time being and a lot of it is actually extremely useable - it just takes a little more effort. You can make a masterpiece with children's toys if you have the patience and imagination.
Im not running down freeware, I use tons of it, this post is about freeware. Just wondering how to get the best tones from the freeware we have with freeware enhancers. Diva nails SOMETHING, how close can we get with free tools?

Worth a try? Analog Obsession LOVEND.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/lovend-34669483

wwjd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 pm To equate, I feel DIVA nails that ROUND full analog bass thing, what can help the others out?
Why bother? This is like asking how you can pimp up your Dacia so that it performs like a Ferrari. :D

I can only say that I wasted so much time on inferior freeware that I wondered why I did it at all, when I started to buy good sounding payware. There's a reason why one is free, and the other costs hundreds of €.

EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

chk071 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:45 pm
wwjd wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:36 pm To equate, I feel DIVA nails that ROUND full analog bass thing, what can help the others out?
Why bother?
just for a fun challenge

the guy asks for free and you guys throw u- he at him.

when did sausage fattener start charging?

Dasheesh wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:45 pm the guy asks for free and you guys throw u- he at him.

when did sausage fattener start charging?
I think I brought up Diva, as I own it. Just trying to see how close we can make freeware. Some of the new freewares do sound really great on their own these days, very beefy

Saturation is what you need. You DAW may have usable saturation effects
dedication to flying

tried a bunch and I keep circling back to this one. feels like it does bass harmonics really well, filling it out. but, it adds some slight bass garbage to higher up notes, but works well in bass.

X-CITA
xcita.JPG
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/x_cita_by_elogoxa
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Intrestinng thread

wwjd wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:36 am
e-crooner wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:46 pm I don't have Diva anymore, do you think the same of Repro's bass? I still have that demo version. If you have Repro 5, is there a bass in the factory presets that shows what you mean?
downloading R5 to see. just did tests of Diva against a couple other modern freeware synths - listening, watching spectrums, still cant put my finger on it... even adding more bass or using the enhancers increased the bass, but didn't make the same ROUND tone. Just u-he magic I guess.

R5: AZ BOUNCE BASS. I pulled up Diva, Repro5, Odin2, Surrealistic MG-1 and, I'm not a good programmer, but kinda dialed them in similar - not scientific at all, just ball park. Tried SURGE too but I don't know how to program it and it sounded too different.
Both Diva and Repro5 offered a more real tone than Odin and MG - granted they would ALL WORK PERFECT in any song. Will see if I can attach an audio file... ...nope... maybe drop box?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yl444l28liarg ... s.mp3?dl=0

Sound: 1- Diva, 2 - Repro5, 3 - Odin2, 4 - Surrealistic MG-1
That got me curious, so I loaded up 'AZ_Bounce_Bass' in Repro5 and listened to that nice bass tone, which is basically one Repro5 saw oscillator run through a low pass filter. I turned off all effects and listened carefully and played with it a bit.

I got the impression that the tone is shaped most by the filter. Not sure that you could achieve this with just effects, because the tone quality is due to the quality of the oscillator and filter interacting in the synth.

So I decided to see if this was a result of the u-he "special sauce", or something that any virtual analog could pull off. So I lined up a number of virtual analogs on hand to see if I could replicate this bass sound with the others. On each I started with an "init" patch and turned all effects off.

Well, out of all the synths that I tried, the only one that came very close to Repro5 for me was Waves Element_2. Maybe it was just me? But I don't think that copying a simple VA patch with one osc and filter is exactly rocket science...

The other synths tested were AAS Ultra Analog_VA-3, AIR Vacuum_Pro, Arturia Pigments_2, and SynthMaster_One.

Element_2 is not free, but can usually be found for a huge discount during Waves promotions. It's on sale this weekend for $29 with coupon. https://www.waves.com/plugins/element#f ... h-tutorial
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Return to “Instruments”