OSX dock icon size

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

Sorry if this has been asked before :). Is there a way to change App icon size in OSX Dock? It just driving me nuts. I LOVE to see all icons in the dock in one size, but there is dozen of developers who makes them bigger than Apple native ones. Native Instruments for example. And many more...

Cheers,
o.

Well, the Systems Preferences > Dock Settings "Size" and "Magnification" can set the size of all icons (but not individual ones AFAIK). I guess you can search per-app where icon assets are saved and manually edit those, but...wouldn't you rather be making music? :D

If only I could get rid of that useless dock that always pop up when I'm too close to the bottom of my screen :scared: ...that gives me anxiety :(

You chose the os wrong then.

Jolaff wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:22 am If only I could get rid of that useless dock that always pop up when I'm too close to the bottom of my screen :scared: ...that gives me anxiety :(
Well, you could always move it to top, left or right...moved mine to the left side for that reason (unintended popup :D, not the anxiety part).

Winstontaneous wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:52 pm
Jolaff wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:22 am If only I could get rid of that useless dock that always pop up when I'm too close to the bottom of my screen :scared: ...that gives me anxiety :(
Well, you could always move it to top, left or right...moved mine to the left side for that reason (unintended popup :D, not the anxiety part).
You can also set it to hide so that it only shows when you push your mouse into the border of the screen where the dock is set to sit.

You can move it. I see others have given you more detail

I also find having the dock on the bottom interferes too much.
Like other have mentioned going into System Preferences-dock you can set the dock to the side.
I also keep it on the left so it’s never visible unless I drag the mouse to the extreme left of the screen.
I set almost all the way towards small with magnification & the genie effect: ON
I would not want the dock on the right avoiding the possibility of inadvertently opening a hard drive.
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

What I did was to set the delay for the Dock to pop up to 5 seconds.
Just open the terminal and type:

Code: Select all

defaults write com.apple.dock autohide-delay -float 5
then:

killall Dock
(with the uppercase D)

to access the dock, you can still do the three finger swipe up (or wait 5 seconds)

To revert that change:

defaults delete com.apple.dock autohide-delay

killall Dock
MacMini M2 Pro . 32GB . 2TB . . Renoise……Reason 12……Live 12 Push 2

sQeetz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:51 pm What I did was to set the delay for the Dock to pop up to 5 seconds.
Just open the terminal and type:

defaults write com.apple.dock autohide-delay -float 5
then:

killall Dock
(with the uppercase D)

to access the dock, you can still do the three finger swipe up (or wait 5 seconds)

To revert that change:

defaults delete com.apple.dock autohide-delay

killall Dock
Thank !!! That's perfect !

I disabled the magnify on hover effect. Easier on the eyes for me.
Also put the bar on the left, until I got a second monitor. It's back to the bottom now.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”