MDX - Better Days feat. 2Pac (Revised Version)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After a long period of non creativity
finally a Multi:Dimensional:eXpression

https://soundcloud.com/hybridrums/mdx-b ... -feat-2pac

(( D ))
Last edited by drumity on Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm not an avid hip-hop listener, but I really like what you have done here. Right from the intro you have a really crisp and punchy rhythm, and the bass synth and pad sounds give the track a really dreamy sound. The lead lines and the variations added during the instrumental sections at 2:51 and 4:42 work very well, both melodically and in terms of the actual sounds used.

Powerful stuff.

Really dope :)

Good work :D

Me too, I am not that much into HipHop, but from time to time it´s quite cool.
I found this A Capella and did a complete new beat for it.
I didn´t even know the original and didn't wanna listen to it before starting the project,
to not influence me at all ;-)
Thanks for listening !

(( D ))

3 weeks ago almost the whole first page of the Café was FULL
of my replys to many of threads with new music.

Where have these guys been the last weeks ?

A forum only works, and this is the ONLY way,
on a give-and-take basis.
Not only has the quality decreased significantly,
but fundamental principles of a forum have been undercut.

Why is that ?
It's selfishness and laziness and other things, people with common sense can imagine.
Have a look at how many threads with 0 replys will disappear to page 2638 in record time ...
For me this situation is insupportable and a sign of the time we are living in.
This kind of forum is useless and worthless.
I will take my consequences soon !

(( D ))

3 weeks ago almost the whole first page of the Café was FULL
of my replies to many of threads with new music.
I get your point, but I think it's best on forums such as this to listen to music just because your interested in it...give some tips and suggestions if appropriate and NOT worry too much about reciprocation every time?
Where have these guys been the last weeks ?
Who knows...probably writing more barely mediocre dance music for us to comment on without reply! :)
A forum only works, and this is the ONLY way,
on a give-and-take basis.
Again, I get your point and actually agree, but you're never gonna get everyone you comment on to do the same..it's never been that way on any forum I've used and certainly not on KVR...been on here since 2006 and it's always been pretty much the same.
the quality decreased significantly,
I think that may be true, but it has always gone in waves as such. At the moment there is far too much TECHNO, HOUSE, TRANCE etc etc of a very average quality at best with some seriously dodgy musical content...

Doesn't really bother me...I'll give people help and advice if the want it...they have to learn and develop. Many, of course, will simply lose interest and disappear.
fundamental principles of a forum have been undercut.
I disagree on this...yeah, it's pretty damn slow on the Music Cafe at the moment, but there are regulars around who give a lot of feedback and advice...

There probably isn't anyone who has commented more than myself in the last few months...both in terms of depth of reviews and sheer number of them.

Those who persevere and 'get to know' others tend to give and receive a fair amount of feedback / comments.

It's selfishness and laziness
Maybe in some cases, but in a lot it's actually just nervousness sometimes...me, I comment a helluva lot and often in some detail...it can be very obvious that I'm an experienced musician and music technologist...tough, sometimes then for someone who's new to it all to actually say something about my tracks sometimes maybe?

Doesn't bother me...not what I'm here for.
Have a look at how many threads with 0 replies will disappear to page 2638 in record time ...
Yeah, there can be a lot some days if it's gone quiet, but sometimes it's actually down to how bad the actual track is....hard for some to find a way of commenting and keeping it positive.
For me this situation is insupportable and a sign of the time we are living in.
Disagree here -it's not changed that much really...said before...it ebbs and flows quite a lot.
This kind of forum is useless and worthless.
No, it has value even if a few people are helped and encouraged to continue.
I will take my consequences soon !
Personally, I see nothing wrong with you raising these points at all...I don't necessarily agree with them all, but don't find what you said at all offensive or anything in anyway whatsoever.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

Enjoyed the track by the way...

Great production...Clear and punchy, but also warm...very balanced in every way.

Musically it worked very well...great overall groove with everything synced together + just enough development and textural variation to help the track flow forwards all the time.

Loved the strings towards the end...lifted the intensity at just the right moment.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

...give some tips and suggestions if appropriate and NOT worry too much about reciprocation every time?
That's not my intention. But if I give my precious time to many and nothing is giving back, that doesn't work in any circumstance in life.
... but you're never gonna get everyone you comment on to do the same..
I am on KVR since 2007. I know how this works here and what you say is nothing new, but there have been times with more dedicated guys.
it can be very obvious that I'm an experienced musician and music technologist...tough, sometimes then for someone who's new to it all to actually say something about my tracks sometimes maybe?
I am a professional for decades, but I am nonetheless interested what a novice has to say about my music. These are the most unfiltered, sincere and naive comments (in a good way) you can imagine and everyone should look for.
Personally, I see nothing wrong with you raising these points at all...I don't necessarily agree with them all, but don't find what you said at all offensive or anything in anyway whatsoever.
To be able to agree to opposition is what we achieved as a culture.
The atmosphere of been insulted by disagreement at the moment is so damaging and dumb.

It's never my intention to offend someone, other than a few amateurs, who show their envies by insulting people.
The annoying thing is that they are allowed to do so.

(( D ))

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:18 pm Enjoyed the track by the way...
Thanks for the elaborated reply.
It shows one interesting thing: These replys always come from professionals who know what it take to produce a track on that level.
I am convinced the better you get as a musician, the better you become to appreciate a professional production, without comparing to oneself and saying "I could do better".
That way we close the circle on the comments above.

(( D ))

Bump for this great production (quotation)

Even more appropriate these days than ever ... unfortunately 
Who doesn't feel that deep melancholy by listening to the beat,
please do me a favour:
Train to discover real feelings in your every day life ....

(( D ))

This is really "dope". The voice has somehow another space around its sound, it feels like it is a bit in the background - but maybe that's due to the format. It doesn' fit 100% to the high-polished sounds - at least for my ears. But that is grumbling at the highest level. :)

You said that you are a professional - would it be theoretical possible to bring the sampled voice on the same "polished" level like the instruments? or should one actually have to rap it again? - (i know that he is dead... i am not so dumb :hihi:) - but i think you get what i mean.
it is better to have a track with some mistakes than a track without any soul
myself in 2022

ChameleonMusic wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:12 pm I get your point, but I think it's best on forums such as this to listen to music just because your interested in it...give some tips and suggestions if appropriate and NOT worry too much about reciprocation every time?
I think one of the main reasons—not the only, but…—I joined the forums was to get some listens. I quickly found out the much more valuable part, for me anyway, was to listen to music critically everyday. Mostly, my comments are about mixing and feel or emotion, because I feel out of my depth when it comes to comment on the technical aspects of writing, but listening to something and reading the comments from people like yourself that do have those chops, is a valuable learning experience as well.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

tomtom1 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:28 pm would it be theoretical possible to bring the sampled voice on the same "polished" level like the instruments?
I was wondering the same thing. The vocal is currently phasey. Maybe using a Sample delay could help it a little. The beat is cool. I love that warm, washy, de tuned, warped sound that comes in at 0:12.
eassae.com
“I do nothing professionally, I do everything for fun.”—Prince, Under the Cherry Moon

Boomy, high-end production. Nice one, although rather commercial. I thought 2PAC passed away times ago?

Return to “Music Cafe”