vurt - i am what i am (file under insular ambiguity)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:17 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 10:29 pm
Perfect, its all a hardware synth and thus just upload it to soundcloud and participate with it in the one synth challenge. This month this is according to the rules... - you’ll get my five points for sure, and anybody liking it here can vote as well...
except for the bit where it's two synths and a few vstfx, it's perfect :hihi:

i thank you for you the vote and the 5 points :D
but i fear that would be my only points.
:lol:

thanks for listening :D

User avatar
KVRAF
5265 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:57 pm

Isn't it one big modular system? I would call it one synth...; - )
Or make another piece, with one synth and you are allowed to use free vstfx or commercial fx which mimic hardware...

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:05 pm

Tj Shredder wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:57 pm
Isn't it one big modular system? I would call it one synth...; - )
Or make another piece, with one synth and you are allowed to use free vstfx or commercial fx which mimic hardware...
2 different modular systems.
a euro and a frac.
seperate entity's :)

User avatar
KVRAF
5265 posts since 6 Jan, 2017 from Outer Space

Post Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:21 pm

If you connect them with cv, they become one...; - )

User avatar
Beware the Quoth
29194 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 am

vurt wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:54 am
Nice one, sir.

I'd kinda like to hear Daveed Diggs from Clipping over the top of this, it fits in the same space (opera) as 'Splendor and Misery'.
thank you very much 8)

i do not know this piece, will have to check it out...
Yeah, I seem to be the only person who's ever mentioned Clipping at KVR, but I think it might be in your ballpark. Noise-influenced experimental hiphop musique concrete, sf/horror concept albums.
John Titor died for your sins!

User avatar
KVRist
203 posts since 2 Sep, 2012

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:36 am

Nice work, vurt. Don’t get caught up in the cables...

User avatar
KVRian
1162 posts since 23 Jun, 2007 from Findlay OH USA

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:23 am

Finally got a little time to listen in on the latest from the sonic halls of vurt. Righteously caustic, a mad celebration of noisy possibilities. Great stuff as usual. And as usual I'm wondering "How does he do it ?!"

Best regards from the wasteland !

dp

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:25 am

Tj Shredder wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:21 pm
If you connect them with cv, they become one...; - )
it is of course possible, but not for me at present (maybe one day) as id need something to convert the plugs and voltages(?) the plugs in the bug system are banana and the euro, well the usual jack :shrug:

tbh, aside from possibly adding more modulators and sequences to the bug, not much point. and i kinda like the bug as a simple system but with juicy sound :D
plenty of room for experimental business with the euro alone :hihi:

i may have a look at the rules and see if im inspired :) but im not very competitive tbh, takes to much organising n stuff :hihi:

i do honestly appreciate the push though 8) feels very supportive, and who doesn't like that ocassionally :)

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:28 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 am
vurt wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:11 pm
whyterabbyt wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:54 am
Nice one, sir.

I'd kinda like to hear Daveed Diggs from Clipping over the top of this, it fits in the same space (opera) as 'Splendor and Misery'.
thank you very much 8)

i do not know this piece, will have to check it out...
Yeah, I seem to be the only person who's ever mentioned Clipping at KVR, but I think it might be in your ballpark. Noise-influenced experimental hiphop musique concrete, sf/horror concept albums.
ah i vaguely remember a video you posted in the listening thread :tu:
remember it being interesting and really should have done more listening, but so much music so little actual time...
this wasn't what i was thinking, but yes, could definitely hear that kind of thing :)
tbh not sure what i did have in mind, i just know my available options at present are not it! :hihi:

/add listen to some clipping to list of things to do!

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:29 am

DMG68 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:36 am
Nice work, vurt. Don’t get caught up in the cables...
too late! :o

thanks for listening :tu:

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:33 am

StudioDave wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:23 am
Finally got a little time to listen in on the latest from the sonic halls of vurt. Righteously caustic, a mad celebration of noisy possibilities. Great stuff as usual. And as usual I'm wondering "How does he do it ?!"

Best regards from the wasteland !

dp
thanks as always for listening :)
i really wish i could explain better how i do it, but really it's just trying out stuff and keeping what sticks :hihi:
my main focus is on having fun, anything else is secondary, i find that helps me not worry too much whether it's right or wrong, it just is.
zen philosophy in music.

User avatar
KVRAF
11233 posts since 7 May, 2006 from Southern California

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:28 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 am

Yeah, I seem to be the only person who's ever mentioned Clipping at KVR, but I think it might be in your ballpark. Noise-influenced experimental hiphop musique concrete, sf/horror concept albums.
I'm sure I've brought up Clipping and Dälek before, maybe in a thread that has been disappeared. I know what you mean! I could also hear FKA Twigs doing something with this.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Loved the sync-esque harmonic series sweeps (Telharmonic?).

Thanks!

User avatar
KVRist
51 posts since 15 Oct, 2019

Post Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:32 am

vurt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:25 pm
we are what we are.
12:20-13:47 A subtle section, summarizing the unforgettable beauty of Ridleyville (calm in the foreground, busy futuristic city technology in the background, like a dream.... like Deckard's dream!).....
calm.jpg


.....before the resonator kicks in at 13:54 (like a copper poppin out of the blue, catching you red handed, poppin some 💊 w/o a prescription) indicating that in the ship above the city, resides a Xenomorph, whose disposition hasn't any room for peaceful moments.
The Xenomorph then goes on to violently eliminate a ship occupant (with a flashlight lit Cheshire Cat looking on), not stopping to savor the mess it made, it scurries away to eliminate and impregnate.
zeeno.JPG
The CCTV jumps back to the city, but this time it’s a bit different, there is something unsettling in the air. The eerie calm, before the popcorn and pearls are spilled all over that cold dark asphalt.
15:40
4 shots fired in excess:
boom!(g#),boom!(g#),boom!(c#)____________boom!(c#)

(See a sharp crook who don’t wunna get caught by the coppers, convince jack to leave the 'harmless' boy alone and disappear into the pale moon cast shadows.)
bruce.JPG
15:53:
Tales from the Crypt tainted, circus music plays in the background, as Jack feels the thrill from his recent experience, foreshadowing his destiny.
jackieboy.JPG
At the nearby circus, the Star of David whom of which functions as bait, hears the shots and has a sigh of hopelessness.
star.JPG

4/4
all 4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:49 pm

justin3am wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:28 am
whyterabbyt wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:28 am

Yeah, I seem to be the only person who's ever mentioned Clipping at KVR, but I think it might be in your ballpark. Noise-influenced experimental hiphop musique concrete, sf/horror concept albums.
I'm sure I've brought up Clipping and Dälek before, maybe in a thread that has been disappeared. I know what you mean! I could also hear FKA Twigs doing something with this.

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. Loved the sync-esque harmonic series sweeps (Telharmonic?).

Thanks!
thanks justin :D
yup there's some telharmonic in there, and some plaits too.
there's a fair bit really :oops: but i only have vague memories.
im sure there's some dsm feedback module, and of course bug, he's doing the more analogue bloops :hihi:

thanks for listening 8)

User avatar
addled muppet weed

Topic Starter

75171 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:51 pm

KENFLO wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:32 am
vurt wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:25 pm
we are what we are.
12:20-13:47 A subtle section, summarizing the unforgettable beauty of Ridleyville (calm in the foreground, busy futuristic city technology in the background, like a dream.... like Deckard's dream!).....
calm.jpg

.....before the resonator kicks in at 13:54 (like a copper poppin out of the blue, catching you red handed, poppin some 💊 w/o a prescription) indicating that in the ship above the city, resides a Xenomorph, whose disposition hasn't any room for peaceful moments.
The Xenomorph then goes on to violently eliminate a ship occupant (with a flashlight lit Cheshire Cat looking on), not stopping to savor the mess it made, it scurries away to eliminate and impregnate.
zeeno.JPG

The CCTV jumps back to the city, but this time it’s a bit different, there is something unsettling in the air. The eerie calm, before the popcorn and pearls are spilled all over that cold dark asphalt.
15:40
4 shots fired in excess:
boom!(g#),boom!(g#),boom!(c#)____________boom!(c#)

(See a sharp crook who don’t wunna get caught by the coppers, convince jack to leave the 'harmless' boy alone and disappear into the pale moon cast shadows.)
bruce.JPG

15:53:
Tales from the Crypt tainted, circus music plays in the background, as Jack feels the thrill from his recent experience, foreshadowing his destiny.

jackieboy.JPG

At the nearby circus, the Star of David whom of which functions as bait, hears the shots and has a sigh of hopelessness.

star.JPG


4/4 all 4.jpg
ooh is that a rachel pop??
i have the alien and that (and many other) joker!
my missus has the lost boys kieffer :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”