Am I one of the few guitarists here?

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:55 am I've been playing for 47 years now. I've lost a step over the years. My first instrument was the organ, but they weren't portable back then, and I wanted to meet gurlz. I play classical music: Beatles, Stones, Hendrix, Floyd, Genesis, and so forth. I am blessed with a dream collection of guitars.
This describes me, except I mostly ignored the crap Sears organ my father picked up and it’s been more like 41 years for me. The music I gravitated to the most was the more progressive stuff, but I loved guitar. I was always trying to mimic other types of instruments with eBows, wah pedals, effects. Hearing The Beatles’ I Am The Walrus was like getting slipped a tab of acid at a party. I was never the same after.

At one point I hit a level where I realized how much easier it was to just get synth sounds from synths, so now my guitar tends to sound more like guitars and I’ll use hardware or software synths for everything else. My music is more synth heavy these days, but always includes some guitar. That blend of the synthetic and electro-acoustic does it for me every time.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Crholdin wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:43 pm I see so many professional producers
There are hardly any professional producers on this forum.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:43 pm
lol

They don't have the time to hang around here on the the whining forum no. 1. They're busy recording/mixing songs. And they don't care about this plugin is so much better than that plugin. They use whatever they like and yes, even stock plugins, that so many forum experts shun becuase they claim there other better plugins. :lol:

Daimonicon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 pm
They don't have the time to hang around here on the the whining forum no. 1. They're busy recording/mixing songs. And they don't care about this plugin is so much better than that plugin. They use whatever they like and yes, even stock plugins, that so many forum experts shun becuase they claim there other better plugins. :lol:
well, except for the fact that one of the most moany members here, could be described as a "professional producer" :P

im a professional failure, have that down! teetering on amateur/pro with slacker :)

Been playing for thirty-some years. I broke my high E string about four months ago. I got strings from Amazon, but I'm too lazy to restring it. Send help.

Blues, rock, jazz, and whatever--when my guitar has been strung for me.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

You're definitely not alone. I've been playing guitar since I was 16, although I did kinda get distracted by synths for a while. After a long break, I've been getting back to my roots and having fun experimenting combining the two. :)

Daimonicon wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:58 pm
There are hardly any professional producers.
Zerocrossing Media

I'm a professional cook. I've cooked as a profession since 1975. I'm an ACF certified Chef. I went to culinary arts school. I preferred cooking as it was non-managerial. Do I hang out in cooking forums? No.

Have a degree in audio engineer. Does that make me a producer? No. I haven't produced in over twenty years. I tried opening my professional recording studio 30 years ago and I'm still paying off the debt (yes seriously)

I play guitar, I've played since 1975. Went to school, can sight read and notate. Have been in bands and in studios earning. Used to have videos on YT that were pulled. Have no intention of ever posting a guitar video on yt again. Yes I am a guitarist.
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

OP, it's a subsection called 'Guitars'. I'd imagine many of the folks who have posted in it play that instrument.

Except me. I play bass which is like a small, electric double bass, not a guitar
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Lol looks like people are oddly offended by my ask - I am an adjunct professor at City college, with 3.5 degrees, I’m a black belt (beyond) martial artist, which is my real vocation, and I am most of all a family man - I was just asking for fun and to see what’s out there

The thread started great and then people started to get panties in a bunch - this was for fun that’s all, not to brag or show off in any way

In fact I might be a technical wizard but my production is Terrible

my response at least was light-hearted and can't see anyone getting worked up at all, but now you're on to 'panty bunching' I'll leave your threads in peace. Take good care. Good luck with finishing the 4th degree!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

Crholdin wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:23 am Lol looks like people are oddly offended by my ask
You are a professor and go to a Guitar forum
- is anybody here playing guitar but me?

What reply did you expect?

We all play ukelele of course..... ;)

Crholdin wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:23 am Lol looks like people are oddly offended by my ask
I think they are amused, not offended. This thread is cool and there are some really interesting posts so far. :party:
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

I started learning piano, guitar and trumpet around the age of 10 and worked as a professional musician from the age of 20 until 40-something - mostly gigs, tours and recording sessions. I'm also a songwriter (aren't we all) and some of my music is on my soundcloud page - example of my playing. I never made a penny from any of my songs but the touring paid really well and I miss it a lot. I think those days are gone forever.

These days I'm a professional dad, but I still play, write and record stuff at home. My music is mostly in the pop/rock vein but I love all kinds of music as long as it has soul.

My guitar style is kinda bluesy/rocky with a dash of jazzy. I'm a hopeless funk guitarist and I can't play metal but wish I could. All that sweep picking and endless widly-widly-up-and-down-the-neck stuff amazes me. If I could play guitar like that, I'd grow my hair long and get a pair of tight-leather jeans.

That's me.

Peace to all.

Return to “Guitars”