Nexus 3 and the sale that just ended.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was so close to buying the Nexus 3. Quite honestly, what's keeping me from buying it is the price for such old sounds that come with the unit. 300 new presets are supposed to be new; however, how many of those are SQ (that I never use). Lastly, the SQ sounds in the expansions are useless to me--why do they even include those as presets anyway?

Nonetheless, I was like, okay, enough wondering. I broke out my wallet, went to the website, and YES! The sale was over. No reason to buy now!

LOL.

Just thought I'd share a little funny to anyone who thought it is funny.

Good day all!

They've extended Christmas sale until 24'th of January. Just politely ask them for a discount instead posting something like that. They turned 20 this year, take this opportunity to ask.

In the past this has happened to me and I have emailed explaining. Most of the time they're more than willing to send a discount code or special link to the sale price.
If you ask politely I'm sure they will sort you out.

And also with nexus 3 you can now disable the arp or make it play something new. It's easier than ever to mute layers and adjust them too. Those old seq patches are more useable now. I upgraded a couple of weeks back and I'm happy

discogsaddict wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:32 pm In the past this has happened to me and I have emailed explaining. Most of the time they're more than willing to send a discount code or special link to the sale price.
If you ask politely I'm sure they will sort you out.

And also with nexus 3 you can now disable the arp or make it play something new. It's easier than ever to mute layers and adjust them too. Those old seq patches are more useable now. I upgraded a couple of weeks back and I'm happy
I should really say that i wasn't speaking of refx but software companies in general. Just realised how it looks when i read it back

Anyway I find the SQ sounds quite useful instead. However I don't use them as a whole. I tend to separate elements. You can find many interesting instrument parts
www.synkrostudio.it, www. roundoround.com

how much was it in the sale?i never got no email or heads up it was on sale.

djwaxxy wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:44 pm how much was it in the sale?i never got no email or heads up it was on sale.
$199 for base model.

Expansions were $50...but then you could get a deeper discount if you got more than one expansion.

I paid 152 for the upgrade and 2 expansions. It was worth it.

Um... No. I once tried to contact them about missing sale. I assumed that because they had Christmas sale, they should have Easter sale as well. To my surprise, Easter came and nothing happened. I sent them email and they refused to help me. It was frustrating already that they make such an emphasis on religious holiday and made no sense that they would not acknowledge Easter as equivalent reason to offer a discount. Then they got nasty with me, I ended up crying and they calling me unstable. Horrible experience. I would not ask.

From what they told me, they only have one sale per year around Christmas.

easy strategy, if they are to expensive, don't buy! If all would do this, they would make a real sale! 😉

Return to “Instruments”