Fender Twin Reverb Blackface AMP Sims

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:40 pm Amplitube Fender 1 is pretty outdated at this point. I suppose you could demo it, but I found it uninspiring compared to the real thing. Then again, it doesn't weigh 100 lbs.
Was this in AmpliTube 4 or 5?

I’ve found the power amp update in AT5 has made a lot of the older models more useable. I’m actually getting good results from the ‘65 Twin from Fender 1 in AT5.

I particularly like doing my own “Fender factory upgrade” by pairing the ‘65 Twin with the 2x12 Open T J120, which is a vintage Twin cab loaded with JBL D120Fs from AT Jimi Hendrix. This was a factory upgrade that Fender offered. It gives the ‘65 Twin a bit more bite.

You do still need to crank the amp volume to 10 and feed it a hot input.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

electro wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:11 pm Overloud has something New.
https://www.overloud.com/products/choptones-fend-twin65
I own a vintage Princeton Reverb (gorgeous amp) and I quite like the Choptones version in TH-U. Definitely thinking about the Twin.

Personally I think the PA Fuchs ODS does a marvellous job at many a Fenderish-thing... that's my GoTo amp now...
another great option imo is the Brunetti Singleman in Overloud TH - and then there's the afore-mentioned Bluecat Desctructor of course... all three are a lot more versatile than a typical dedicated Fender emulations out there (the Brunetti ist the least versatile of those three though and Destructor by far the most versatile, of course)...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

lfm wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:31 am
But the mentioned SimulAnalog one, from like 20 years ago really had a Twin that resembled what Twin do.
Overloud is Simulanalog (earlier gen) but probably not updated since 2009.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

jens wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:52 am Personally I think the PA Fuchs ODS does a marvellous job at many a Fenderish-thing... that's my GoTo amp now...
another great option imo is the Brunetti Singleman in Overloud TH - and then there's the afore-mentioned Bluecat Desctructor of course... all three are a lot more versatile than a typical dedicated Fender emulations out there (the Brunetti ist the least versatile of those three though and Destructor by far the most versatile, of course)...
I use the UAD version and I like it a lot. Gets nice and dirty too.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

There is a difference between the UAD and the Native PA Fuchs ODS?

Kuassa Matchlock is pretty great.

Burillo wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:52 am
Bombadil wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:04 am Amplitube Fender 2 doesn't have a Twin, afaik. Scuffham does nice tones, though.
AFAIK it does, unless i'm misunderstanding what a "Twin" is.
Not a blackface.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

BiasFX iOS version had a lovely Blackface with custom IR but it got nuked by an update at some point :(

jamcat wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:23 pm
Bombadil wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:40 pm Amplitube Fender 1 is pretty outdated at this point. I suppose you could demo it, but I found it uninspiring compared to the real thing. Then again, it doesn't weigh 100 lbs.
Was this in AmpliTube 4 or 5?

I’ve found the power amp update in AT5 has made a lot of the older models more useable. I’m actually getting good results from the ‘65 Twin from Fender 1 in AT5.

I particularly like doing my own “Fender factory upgrade” by pairing the ‘65 Twin with the 2x12 Open T J120, which is a vintage Twin cab loaded with JBL D120Fs from AT Jimi Hendrix. This was a factory upgrade that Fender offered. It gives the ‘65 Twin a bit more bite.

You do still need to crank the amp volume to 10 and feed it a hot input.
Sorry for not replying earlier. I bought Amplitube 5 in the latest IK group buy, and Fender 1 does indeed sound and respond better than in earlier versions of Amplitube. I have a custom Twin patch that comes closest to the real thing that I've heard. Nice that old software, instead of being discarded, has been tweaked to work well in A5.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

I'd look at Analog Obsession's offerings. Amper is worth a look for a lightly driven amp.
https://www.patreon.com/posts/all-download-34851999
https://plugins4free.com/dev/585/
2 new free amp sims from Samasara Cycle Audio.
http://samcycle.blogspot.com/#Blog1
https://plugins4free.com/newplugins/
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Wrong thread. oops......
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

Anything new to look out for in 2022?

Softube Amp Room has a Blackface and Silverface. They are very good.

I owned the real stuff...
Plug your guitar with the free Ace by Shattered Glass Audio (not exactly a Twin Blackface), choose an appropriate impulse response and a reverb...
;-)

Return to “Guitars”