Tick Tock (it's almost midnight) - [quirky Cinematic] ... feedback welcome...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Start playing around with something at the weekend which turned into something quirky.
https://soundcloud.com/bansaw-843690132 ... t-midnight

I think this is simply excellent! Both musically and production-wise.

I've listened to a lot of music on KVR over the last couple of months and this is right up there at the top of my list of favourites!

For me, this is 'your musical voice' at its very best...quirky, melody driven pieces which don't really fit into any particular genre.

The only thing I might've experimented with is the overall structure...I listened twice and each time I wanted a BIG moment immediately after the drop at around 1 min 20 secs. i think I might've brought in the dramatic descending riff led section here and then gone back to the more epic 'slow rise' version of the main section at the end. There are so many ways to structure something like this and it's not one is better and another is worse...they're just different!
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

sweet,
crisp production yet not harsh.
good vibes.
thanks for the listening

If Chameleon raves, I have to listen. Of course I would have listened anyway. Nothing like what I expected. I agree with everything he said. So when are you going to hit the charts? Or is this stuff too good for today's tripe?

this is nice indeed
has me in mind of moby at his most chart friendly :tu: with some more experimental stuff coming in later
mix is crisp and clear :)

good work 8)

Cool! Nice dynamic composition. I liked the tic toc groove and orchestration. Good job.

ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:55 pm The only thing I might've experimented with is the overall structure...I listened twice and each time I wanted a BIG moment immediately after the drop at around 1 min 20 secs.
Thanks Mark, take your point that it could have gone in a different direction at the drop point.
@wags, thanks, @markkuja, @vurt, @falten. Appreciate the comments. Never heard of Moby, will have to look him up.

Its funny, my other track a funk one called "Tell me" I spent three weeks on and got very few comments, but this cinematic track I just noodled about with for a few hours and people seem to like it a lot more. Maybe its because this track has a little uniqueness to it, I don't know.

I really enjoyed this track. Great melodic progressions and a unique, mellow organ sound accompany the start here. You captured the flow of time quite well. The strings come in very well, too.. Arpeggios, all you need for a decent listening experience. All in all - great stuff. Congrats! :clap:

htcnext2 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:34 am I really enjoyed this track. Great melodic progressions and a unique, mellow organ sound accompany the start here. You captured the flow of time quite well. The strings come in very well, too.. Arpeggios, all you need for a decent listening experience. All in all - great stuff. Congrats! :clap:
glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for leaving a comment. :tu:

Sounds really nice! I especially like the high percussions / ticks. Care to reveal how you did those? They feel like having a preroll.

CableChannel wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:44 pm Sounds really nice! I especially like the high percussions / ticks. Care to reveal how you did those? They feel like having a preroll.
@CableChannel, glad you liked it. :phones: The ticks and the heartbeat and the drone are all from the VPS Avenger expansion pack Atmospherica.

Really nice job on this one all around. I was thinking the same as ChameleonMusic's post (below) before I even read the comments. I felt the build up to midnight and then it was 5am. Still, this is a great song so don't change the original flow.
ChameleonMusic wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:55 pmI listened twice and each time I wanted a BIG moment immediately after the drop at around 1 min 20 secs. i think I might've brought in the dramatic descending riff led section here and then gone back to the more epic 'slow rise' version of the main section at the end. There are so many ways to structure something like this and it's not one is better and another is worse...they're just different!

guitarmiester wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:12 pm Really nice job on this one all around. I was thinking the same as ChameleonMusic's post (below) before I even read the comments. I felt the build up to midnight and then it was 5am. Still, this is a great song so don't change the original flow.
Thanks @guitarmiester. Pleased you liked it. Interesting to have a couple of comments on the climax points. Its worth thinking about. :tu:

ya that was excellent, it goes to so many places while keeping the theme intact, especially the way you bring it back for the finish. the dynamics in the production come across here really well. enjoyed the trip

wavephonic wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:30 pm ya that was excellent, it goes to so many places while keeping the theme intact, especially the way you bring it back for the finish. the dynamics in the production come across here really well. enjoyed the trip
@wavephonic, thanks for the feedback and comments, pleased you enjoyed the trip. :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”