Meat replacers - slow and evolving - relaxing but deadly :)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the vibe of this.
Small criticism: to me it sounds somewhat overcompressed - I think this track would benefit if you left it a little more room to breathe.
Qw, music from twelve weeks in quarantine is now streaming on spotify and bandcamp. This is a collaboration with the the smallest of worlds VR art project, that documents our living spaces in times of isolation. You can join their project here.

Like the laid back vibe.
Good percussion too.
:tu:

softegg wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:46 pm I like the vibe of this.
Small criticism: to me it sounds somewhat overcompressed - I think this track would benefit if you left it a little more room to breathe.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes, i may have to take it easier on the limiter and compressor

Bansaw wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:51 pm Like the laid back vibe.
Good percussion too.
:tu:
Thanks for the listen :tu: :phones:

starts out nice, chill downtempo groove, but the 3 note constant melody
starts to wear kind of thin. mix was ok, i think the snare was a bit harsh
for the slow groove.
and i agree the dynamics could allow for more "space" :phones:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:23 am starts out nice, chill downtempo groove, but the 3 note constant melody
starts to wear kind of thin. mix was ok, i think the snare was a bit harsh
for the slow groove.
and i agree the dynamics could allow for more "space" :phones:
Thanks for the feedback. I will try to make some more melody variation in the next track

The beat could be twice as fast, I thought it was going to lead up to something faster.

kingozrecords wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 3:04 pm The beat could be twice as fast, I thought it was going to lead up to something faster.
Thanks for the listen, my next track will be a little faster

Yes, I wasn't saying it should be; maybe only that the buildup had seemingly suggested it would be. Bit of an art in doing that so everything is fluidic. I guess I do it all the time. I think it's a side-effect of there being so much lo-fi chill hop, chill music floating around on youtube these days that people want more speed.

kingozrecords wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:22 pm Yes, I wasn't saying it should be; maybe only that the buildup had seemingly suggested it would be. Bit of an art in doing that so everything is fluidic. I guess I do it all the time. I think it's a side-effect of there being so much lo-fi chill hop, chill music floating around on youtube these days that people want more speed.
It's all good, allready working on the next track with some more variation in drums and melody :)
The amount of free (chill) music on youtube etc is staggering. Sometimes makes me wonder why even bother making new tracks! But making it relaxes me i guess..

Return to “Music Cafe”