Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

Im not sure what's happened, but the latest standalone version now constantly eats 23-25% CPU while idle. Win 10.

Added: same problem is within S1 daw.
I installed v1.05 back, but the CPU usage is still 22-25%. And it is without even playing the synth. Just Idling. When I close the GUI, it goes to 12-15%.

On vital forum ppl ask for CPU optimizations, but I think we are dealing with the bug that shows itself on some systems.
Last edited by Igro on Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Super Piano Hater 64 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:42 pm
poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:16 pm
Xenox.AFL wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:42 am
poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 am Why not it possible remove vital application form my Mac
You can simply delete the components file in the component folder and the synth is gone.

Frank
No because it install in application folder and it there are no uninstall programs there
1. Open a Finder window
2. Press command-shift-G
3. Type "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components" (make sure you use forward slashes, not backslashes)
4. Drag "Vital.component" to the trash

If you have the VST2 or VST3 versions installed, those will be in the neighboring VST and VST3 folders.

By the way, why are you uninstalling it in the first place? Are you trying to save disk space?
That not work to remove application only to remove component ant vst I uninstall because do not like it

fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:11 pm
poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:17 am Why not it possible remove vital application form my Mac
the standalone is in your applications folder. the plugins are in hard drive>library>audio>plugins (check those folders, ie components, vst... for the files).

simple!
Sometime it will work to move to trash the application but some other time maybe the p program install filed on computer so not a clean uninstall and I wish to make it certain to delete all files but developer not give an answer here

poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:47 pm Sometime it will work to move to trash the application but some other time maybe the p program install filed on computer so not a clean uninstall and I wish to make it certain to delete all files but developer not give an answer here
The installer only installs the plugins to /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins subdirectories, and the stand-alone in /Applications. Presets are saved in ~/Library/Audio/Presets/Vital. A couple of small configuration files are saved to ~/Library/Application Support/vital. All pretty typical stuff.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:47 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:11 pm
the standalone is in your applications folder. the plugins are in hard drive>library>audio>plugins (check those folders, ie components, vst... for the files).

simple!
Sometime it will work to move to trash the application but some other time maybe the p program install filed on computer so not a clean uninstall and I wish to make it certain to delete all files but developer not give an answer here
if you do as i suggested, (& you can also delete the presets from home>library>audio>presets>vital), you will have removed everything.

EDIT: frogsinpants beat me to it; what he says is all you need...

Ok thanks you both

Vital - 1.0.7
Added 'Skip version' option to new update screen
Fixed skin selection reloading when new files added
Fixed some colors not updating when a new skin is selected

poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:41 pm Ok thanks you both
...altho why anyone would want to uninstall this is beyond me. this is one of my fave synth plugins ever...

fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:30 pm ...altho why anyone would want to uninstall this is beyond me. this is one of my fave synth plugins ever...
+1

I also don't get this, this synth can do almost everything, hard industrial sounds, soft warm pads, freezing atmos, one finger techno loops with beats, every electro genre, trance saws ... and that amazing text to wavetable feature. And all of that is really easy to program!

fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:30 pm
...altho why anyone would want to uninstall this is beyond me. this is one of my fave synth plugins ever...
It sound bad bad filter all of them and use to much cpu

poopinpants wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:19 pm
fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:30 pm
It sound bad bad filter all of them and use to much cpu
i hear you (about the cpu, altho no problem here); otherwise... :o

fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:39 pm about the cpu, altho no problem here
it can be said that those with abnormal CPU consumption just are out of luck, but we are not playing the lottery here:)

Kott wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 am
fisherKing wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:39 pm about the cpu, altho no problem here
it can be said that those with abnormal CPU consumption just are out of luck, but we are not playing the lottery here:)
Indeed, it's working great at my end, quite useable even at 4x oversampling, especially considering all of the audio rate and flashy GUI stuff it has going on.
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am Indeed, it's working great at my end, quite useable even at 4x oversampling, especially considering all of the audio rate and flashy GUI stuff it has going on.
On my hardware it always eats 100% of 1 core with init patch

Kott wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:54 am
PieBerger wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:49 am Indeed, it's working great at my end, quite useable even at 4x oversampling, especially considering all of the audio rate and flashy GUI stuff it has going on.
On my hardware it always eats 100% of 1 core with init patch
Which hardware are you using?

I'm using Win10 on a nearly one year old Predator laptop with Core i7, NVIDIA 1060 and 16 GB Ram and I daily work intensively with Vital and without your problems and also with oversampling 2-4 ...

Return to “Instruments”