Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm Finally I come to the conclusion that this dev only want to make fast money and then say "Good bye" !!!
Dude give the attitude a freakin rest will you ? :roll:

If Matt had just wanted to make "fast money" he wouldn't have released a free version.

You just come off sounding like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum because you're not getting what you want. Seriously give it a rest.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm The last 1.06 and 1.07 update are pure marketing updates in order to get more sales for the Pro version. It's essentially complete useless.
There are no basic improvements.

I am of course curious as to which package you invested in towards the development of the product?
Plus? Pro? Subscription?
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:14 pm
MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm Finally I come to the conclusion that this dev only want to make fast money and then say "Good bye" !!!
Dude give the attitude a freakin rest will you ? :roll:

If Matt had just wanted to make "fast money" he wouldn't have released a free version.

You just come off sounding like a spoiled brat throwing a tantrum because you're not getting what you want. Seriously give it a rest.
That what I posted as improvements can you also read in the vital forum. This are not special wishes from me.
Mr Tytel mentioned in a discord thread that he regred that he gave Vital for free. And he is right with this.
There exists no good VSTis for free and this was a complete wrong decission.
This VSTi is not mentioned in any serious music magacine, because it's a freebe.
I can only laugh about that shit that you wrote in your comment.
Adios !

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm That what I posted as improvements can you also read in the vital forum. This are not special wishes from me.
They're not wishes from me. I have no problem with the filters. So my wishes would be different than yours but I won't act like a spoiled brat and start insulting the developer if my wishes aren't given priority. There have been seven updates to Vital in the short time since its release so be patient. Other people have different priorities than you do.
MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pmThere exists no good VSTis for free and this was a complete wrong decission.

Nonsense. There are several good free VSTi's. Maybe you're just new to all of this and don't know.
MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pmThis VSTi is not mentioned in any serious music magacine, because it's a freebe.

Or because it's a fairly new synth. You only need to search Vital VSTi on YouTube to see how popular the synth really is. Whether or not it's mentioned in "serious music magazines" is irrelevant and has nothing to do with there being a free version.
MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pmI can only laugh about that shit that you wrote in your comment.
Adios !
I can only hold you in contempt for the utter nonsense you wrote like Matt "wants to make fast money and then say "Good bye" !!!" . :roll:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm Adios !

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:07 pm The last 1.06 and 1.07 update are pure marketing updates in order to get more sales for the Pro version. It's essentially complete useless.

Improvements would be better filters:
If the filters and resonances goes beyond "64" you are getting more and more a plastic-metallic character. Up to "64" the filters are not that bad.
Improvements would also be better Envelope and LFO implementations with single trigger in poly-mode, which all good VSTis have. In my view the best implementation of a Envelope/LFO/MSEG has Harmor. He should have a look at it to this. If the dev don't know how to implement single trigger in Ply-mode he should look at Surge. Its Scene-LFOs have single trigeer in ploy-mode and he could also see the code because its open source.
Imprevements would also be less CPU usage of effects:
8 weeks ago I compared the CPU usage of effects between Vital and Serum, Hive and Zebra and Vital uses much more CPU in Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Compressor and reverb as the others.

Simple new features would be for example possible in the Sampler module. Especially sample start point adjustments.

And what did this dev up to now ? Nothing in this feelds !
He could offer improvements AND Gui fixes or other fixes.

Finally I come to the conclusion that this dev only want to make fast money and then say "Good bye" !!!
The disrespect and total lack of patience in this post is just absolutely unbelievable.

What on earth breeds these kinds of people? Is there something in the water where you live?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

MorpherX wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:26 pm Mr Tytel mentioned in a discord thread that he regred that he gave Vital for free. And he is right with this.
For the record, I do not regret making a free version of Vital.

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:10 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am Gave it a first shot for a warmer look:
Oooh that's very nice. Well done, thanks for sharing. Much better than the hideous skin I managed to do. :tu:

The only issue I can see is that you don't get the same visual feedback from having different colored different modulation circles.
If that's important to you, feel free to make the colours more diverse.
It was a first shot at it and I'll have to work a bit more with it to see what works and what doesn't.
I find it always takes a while to find your way around skinning a new synth, since at first it's hard to grab what all the values do and where they come into play and how stuff interacts.

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

bmanic wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:00 pm

Improvements would be better filters:
If the filters and resonances goes beyond "64" you are getting more and more a plastic-metallic character. Up to "64" the filters are not that bad.
Improvements would also be better Envelope and LFO implementations with single trigger in poly-mode, which all good VSTis have. In my view the best implementation of a Envelope/LFO/MSEG has Harmor. He should have a look at it to this. If the dev don't know how to implement single trigger in Ply-mode he should look at Surge. Its Scene-LFOs have single trigeer in ploy-mode and he could also see the code because its open source.
Imprevements would also be less CPU usage of effects:
8 weeks ago I compared the CPU usage of effects between Vital and Serum, Hive and Zebra and Vital uses much more CPU in Chorus, Flanger, Phaser, Compressor and reverb as the others.

Simple new features would be for example possible in the Sampler module. Especially sample start point adjustments.

And what did this dev up to now ? Nothing in this feelds !
He could offer improvements AND Gui fixes or other fixes.

Finally I come to the conclusion that this dev only want to make fast money and then say "Good bye" !!!
The disrespect and total lack of patience in this post is just absolutely unbelievable.

What on earth breeds these kinds of people? Is there something in the water where you live?
Especially since Matt especially DIDN'T announce those updates widely since he found them too "tiny" for public notice... :D :ud: :dog: :shrug: LOL

It's one of those moments where I wonder, if all the hype about humans being "intelligent" and "conscious" isn't just marketing hype for a very very early alpha version of a pretty much failed lab experiment... ;-)

Dolphins, now they seem to work out pretty well.

Breath-taking times, really.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi

KVR should add "Most Controversial Software" to their reader's choice awards

Wouldn't it be also something if he went with the Free version (not Plus, Pro or Subscription). That is he didn't even spend a cent towards its further development.
rsp
sound sculptist

mtytel wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 pm KVR should add "Most Controversial Software" to their reader's choice awards
Or a "User of the Month" wall.
Both with "Best and most helpful" and "Bubbling Protoplasma" categories.

Cheers,

Tom

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 pm If that's important to you, feel free to make the colours more diverse.
I'm not sure if it will be that important. I will have to work with the skin to see if not having the visual feedback of different colors makes a big difference or not.
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 pmIt was a first shot at it and I'll have to work a bit more with it to see what works and what doesn't.
You certainly did a better job of your first skin than I did mine.
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 pmI find it always takes a while to find your way around skinning a new synth, since at first it's hard to grab what all the values do and where they come into play and how stuff interacts.
That's why my first skin came out so hideous. Some of the values are not apparent as to what colors they change so by picking some wild color and seeing where it shows up on the skin or doesn't is how I'm learning what goes where in the skinning system.

It's an easy system just have to learn what value changes what color. :tu:

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:26 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 pmI find it always takes a while to find your way around skinning a new synth, since at first it's hard to grab what all the values do and where they come into play and how stuff interacts.
That's why my first skin came out so hideous. Some of the values are not apparent as to what colors they change so by picking some wild color and seeing where it shows up on the skin or doesn't is how I'm learning what goes where in the skinning system.

It's an easy system just have to learn what value changes what color. :tu:
Yeah I didn't really make the skin editor 'easy to use' which is why it's under a hidden menu. I made it so I could design the UI in app without recompiling every time or converting over from other design tools so ended up exposing way more things than I needed to. I'll probably improve it one day.

mtytel wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 pm KVR should add "Most Controversial Software" to their reader's choice awards
You wouldn't stand a chance.. :D
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Instruments”