Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

musicdevelopments wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:03 pm Hi Mike,
indeed, it is wrong! With the recent changes I think I messed up something. I'll have a fix today.
Thanks for video!!
Attila

PS: I am sorry for the redraw issues. The preview with other tracks happens by replacing the original phrase temporarily for the duration of the preview. This is not the nicest solution.

EDIT: fixed now. :tu:
Thanks Attila. :)

Very minor bug.
Pressing j or J doesn't glue highlighted phrases together.
Thanks.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:36 pm Very minor bug.
Thanks.
check settings because "J" is set for the phrase editor as join notes and by default nothing set for phrases. (phrases are set in the workspace shortcuts tab)

BluGenes wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:13 pm
Thanks.
check settings because "J" is set for the phrase editor as join notes and by default nothing set for phrases. (phrases are set in the workspace shortcuts tab)
Thanks Gene. I probably misundertood this one but when in the phrase settings (the cog wheel), it has "Glue Selected Phrases" then [J] next to it so thought it would join the prhases rather than indivual notes. It's easy enough to just press Glue Phrases though.

Mykyndryd_ wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:26 am
BluGenes wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:13 pm
Thanks.
Thanks Gene. I probably misundertood this one but when in the phrase settings (the cog wheel), it has "Glue Selected Phrases" then [J] next to it so thought it would join the prhases rather than indivual notes. It's easy enough to just press Glue Phrases though.
Interesting, because, I failed to look there and just went looking for the hot key in settings.. Mine wasn't set, as I try to use whatever default settings I can just for testing. Since there isn't a hot key search, I looked at all the keys..

Was yours set in settings for that? If not, then that needs to be fixed.. (I now have mine set to shift-J)

Interesting, because, I failed to look there and just went looking for the hot key in settings.. Mine wasn't set, as I try to use whatever default settings I can just for testing. Since there isn't a hot key search, I looked at all the keys..

Was yours set in settings for that? If not, then that needs to be fixed.. (I now have mine set to shift-J)
In the settings: J was for join notes in the phrase editor.
I un assigned that and instead, assigned J to join phrases. Now when I look under the cog (with 2 phrases selected), the "Glue Selected Phrases" shortcut is blank but J does what I want it to do now.
I think it's just a mis-label.
Cheers.

Awesome.. I'll remind Atilla to fix that when he can.. thanks!

BluGenes wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:27 pm Awesome.. I'll remind Atilla to fix that when he can.. thanks!
:tu:

I found a bug (or is it an error on my end?) with percussion tracks' notes being interpolated to adhere to the scale. This means in a composition in C Major you can't use the GM Drumset handclap sound as it lies on D#, a note not available in C Major.
This leads to percussion tracks possibly sounding different after changing a composition's scale.

Just mailed Attila a bug report and link to a video showing the issue happening.

Just tested with RC 4.1.2. The percussion track bug is still there.

HiEnergy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:16 pm Just tested with RC 4.1.2. The percussion track bug is still there.
do you have a screen shot, because I can't reproduce this.. this is what I see...

HiEnergy wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:16 pm Just tested with RC 4.1.2. The percussion track bug is still there.
The bug was the use of 'lock' for percussion tracks which should not happen anymore.

Hold on, it may still work badly if you open an old composition with the 'lock' enabled for percussion phrases. You cannot turn the 'lock' off, as the button is not displayed anymore.
The fix does not apply to loaded phrases... The workaround is to change the track to a normal track, turn off the 'lock' for the drum phrases, then change the track back to percussion track.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Another test with a fresh composition... the bug is gone.
Awesome! :love:
Thanks!

The problem here was me not starting a new composition, so RC kept going with a previously saved composition that contains the issue. This was clearly my fault.
BluGenes wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:41 pm
do you have a screen shot, because I can't reproduce this.. this is what I see...

doing a happy dance.. ;)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”