Black Rooster Edelweiss major bug?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On various Macs, from Catalina down to El Capitan, no Big Sur. Edelweiss parameters go haywire when saved settings are loaded and then just touched. Even the presets. I mean to the moon haywire. There's no way to use it as you can't add a db of something without the whole thing responding by spinning its knobs randomly. Original install from Nov '20 and latest version. Is this just me or are others getting this?

2010 macpro macOS 10.13 Repaer 6 When I load up Edelweiss and select a factory preset and then adjust the parameters, it functions as expected with no isssues.

plexuss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:54 am 2010 macpro macOS 10.13 Repaer 6 When I load up Edelweiss and select a factory preset and then adjust the parameters, it functions as expected with no isssues.
Thanks, plexus. Can you please try this, as it's what triggers it. It happens after saving a new user preset.

Create a new user preset and save it.

Clear the current plugin settings (go to default or load a different preset).

Load that saved user preset. Move a parameter. If the behavior I described happens, now if you load a factory preset it will do the same to the factory presets.

Thanks

spigmu wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:04 am
plexuss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:54 am 2010 macpro macOS 10.13 Repaer 6 When I load up Edelweiss and select a factory preset and then adjust the parameters, it functions as expected with no isssues.
Thanks, plexus. Can you please try this, as it's what triggers it. It happens after saving a new user preset.
Create a new user preset and save it.
Clear the current plugin settings (go to default or load a different preset).
Load that saved user preset. Move a parameter. If the behavior I described happens, now if you load a factory preset it will do the same to the factory presets.
I tried your steps precisely twice and both times the plugin functioned fine afterwards. I did not see what you describe. I am using AU. If you want me tp try more scenarios let me know.

plexus, thank you so much. I'm didn't load the AU, just vst versions,but I just tried it using AU and it's the same. I can recreate it here by opening a saved user preset, making a change and then loading that same preset back up. Could you try that, or toggling back and forth between saved user presets, new edited user presets and factory presets?

Thanks for responding. I'll try to make a gif of what's happening to me.

•Open saved user created preset.
•Make a change.
•Reload that same preset.
•Knobs go off in random directions.
•Once this happens, all presets, including factory presets, have knobs randomly off, including L&R that should be linked but now aren't.

Replicated! I did exactly as you did in your gif and got the same results of the params moving to seemingly random positions. Here's a screen shot of what I see... you found a bug! :borg:

Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 3.23.16 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you, Plexus, for going down the road for me to see if it was just me : )

Black Rooster's response is no fixes until next major update in June.

Until then, you can't make a change and then go back to any other saved preset, lest the knobs go all bonkers, so out of the plugins folder it goes.

spigmu wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm Black Rooster's response is no fixes until next major update in June.

Until then, you can't make a change and then go back to any other saved preset, lest the knobs go all bonkers, so out of the plugins folder it goes.
I rarely save presets unless I want to use them across projects which rarely happens. You could still use it without using presets by having the DAW save the settings of the instance with the project. But I guess if you need presets, yes, thats a problem!

plexuss wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:44 pm
spigmu wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:06 pm Black Rooster's response is no fixes until next major update in June.

I rarely save presets unless I want to use them across projects which rarely happens. You could still use it without using presets by having the DAW save the settings of the instance with the project. But I guess if you need presets, yes, thats a problem!
It's not so much needing presets as it is creating setting that works and naming it for the instrument or artist, so that a week or year later I can use it on the same instrument or artist. If I know the compressor I'm about to put on a vocal bus will have a 5:1 ratio, med fast attack and med slow release, and blended about 40:60 with the dry signal, why not pull up a setting that I arrived at yesterday and saved as "Voc bus comp 5:1" rather than start from a blank default? If I make an eq named "hp65,2db@12k" that sounds good I will use it when I need to do that again rather than take the time it would take to set up those two parameters from the default, and tweak it from there. At any rate, that's what I do. But if I make a tweak and then decide to go back to what I had before, this bug confuses Edelweiss, and you have to delete and re-add it. Bummer.

Return to “Effects”