Progressive house. Feedback welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
KVRAF
2116 posts since 31 Jan, 2020

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:25 pm

Hello. This is my latest progressive house song.

I have a couple of questions particularly, which perhaps you can answer for me:

1/ How is the song? I think this song is great, but am i wrong? I admit i've been wrong before.
2/ Anything to tell me about the mix? Any mix tips? Am i doing something right/wrong?

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/m ... YlLeg1bCUZ

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:27 pm

I've just uploaded this with a new mix, after a few hour's work, after reading mention of Izotope's Tonal Balance which i own but which i wasn't using. It sounds much better i think.

KVRian
949 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm

The overall groove created by all the parts working together rhythmically is very effective...subtly drives it all forward.

Musically it's quite minimalist Techno at times...very edgy, unusual melody / harmony combos.

When the full mix kicks in one of the deep sounds is too dominant for me - needs taming a little in terms of frequency content and / or width in the mix maybe?

Possibly could be a couple of minutes shorter without some more contrasting material, but I enjoyed it - good listen.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:36 pm

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Possibly could be a couple of minutes shorter without some more contrasting material, but I enjoyed it - good listen.
Sorry to put you through another long song! Thankyou for taking the time to listen and comment on another of my songs.
ChameleonMusic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:21 pm

When the full mix kicks in one of the deep sounds is too dominant for me - needs taming a little in terms of frequency content and / or width in the mix maybe?
Is it a pad that sounds a bit like backwards? I brought that up in volume to what the original "mix" had. This was the first time using Tonal Balance Control, and i had to keep the frequencies between the "correct" lines. I'll try doing it a different way when i go back to it. Thanks!

KVRian
949 posts since 23 Nov, 2018 from Birmingham, UK

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:23 pm

Is it a pad that sounds a bit like backwards?
I'll be honest...not 100% sure from this end...you'll have to drop tracks in and out and see if one seems to be dominating it all.
Mark Taylor, Chameleon Music - Professional composition and sound design for all media since 1994.

https://www.chameleonmusic.co.uk/

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:33 pm

ChameleonMusic wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:23 pm
Is it a pad that sounds a bit like backwards?
I'll be honest...not 100% sure from this end...you'll have to drop tracks in and out and see if one seems to be dominating it all.
thanks

Return to “Music Cafe”