Vital - Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vital Vital Ascendant (Vital Content Pack)

mtytel wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pm Yeah I didn't really make the skin editor 'easy to use' which is why it's under a hidden menu. I made it so I could design the UI in app without recompiling every time or converting over from other design tools so ended up exposing way more things than I needed to. I'll probably improve it one day.
What I was missing most was a way to copy and paste colours.
That made things very tedious.
Having a kind of colour palette would also be very helpful, since basically it's all about spreading a certain set of colours around.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:03 pm
mtytel wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pm Yeah I didn't really make the skin editor 'easy to use' which is why it's under a hidden menu. I made it so I could design the UI in app without recompiling every time or converting over from other design tools so ended up exposing way more things than I needed to. I'll probably improve it one day.
What I was missing most was a way to copy and paste colours.
That made things very tedious.
Having a kind of colour palette would also be very helpful, since basically it's all about spreading a certain set of colours around.

Cheers,

Tom
Yup... just the ability to copy paste colors would be so helpful. That would be enough...

I started with the skin "burn out" and tweaked it a fair bit and am almost happy with the result. Just needs a bit more attention.

Forgive me guys, I'm a Pro user and can see the skins were downloaded, but how do I change skin? I must be missing it! :)

Edit: Ahh I found a comment on Discord, Alt+menu, ta!

fgimian wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:13 am Forgive me guys, I'm a Pro user and can see the skins were downloaded, but how do I change skin? I must be missing it! :)

If you're on version 1.0.7 you can just load it from the advanced panel under "Display"

mtytel wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:27 am
fgimian wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:13 am Forgive me guys, I'm a Pro user and can see the skins were downloaded, but how do I change skin? I must be missing it! :)

If you're on version 1.0.7 you can just load it from the advanced panel under "Display"
Awesome, thanks a lot mate!

mtytel wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pm
Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:26 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:03 pmI find it always takes a while to find your way around skinning a new synth, since at first it's hard to grab what all the values do and where they come into play and how stuff interacts.
That's why my first skin came out so hideous. Some of the values are not apparent as to what colors they change so by picking some wild color and seeing where it shows up on the skin or doesn't is how I'm learning what goes where in the skinning system.

It's an easy system just have to learn what value changes what color. :tu:
Yeah I didn't really make the skin editor 'easy to use' which is why it's under a hidden menu. I made it so I could design the UI in app without recompiling every time or converting over from other design tools so ended up exposing way more things than I needed to. I'll probably improve it one day.
if you select something on the right part of the editor and then scroll through the left part you see colors at the settings which are used in the default skin. if you only change these settings you can achieve good results quite quick i think. but still it´s a lot of work to make a good looking skin.

maybe i´m wrong but i don´t think the editor can be made easier to use with all that possibilitys it has. you can even change knob size and soooo much other stuff.

a fixed set of colors would be good as a few mentioned before!

possibility to use picture/texture for body/background would take the editor to another level, i think.
and it´s probably not even hard to add??????
:)

Vital 1.0.7 with skin support is so good.

SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

So I updated to v1.0.7 and I remember in a previous version seeing a vertical line to the left of the LFO labels showing the current value of the modulation that seems to be missing now, do you guys have the same "issue"? It's obviously not a real problem, but I think that was a cool feature, providing a way to see all the LFOs at the same time.

Gabriel Garcia wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:26 pm So I updated to v1.0.7 and I remember in a previous version seeing a vertical line to the left of the LFO labels showing the current value of the modulation that seems to be missing now, do you guys have the same "issue"? It's obviously not a real problem, but I think that was a cool feature, providing a way to see all the LFOs at the same time.
Is the LFO running? It only runs if it's connected to something or if it's the currently selected modulation (with the green border).

mtytel wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:00 pm Is the LFO running? It only runs if it's connected to something or if it's the currently selected modulation (with the green border).
Yes, it is running. No envelope, LFO or Random LFO is showing anything to the left of the label.

EDIT: to be more clear, no modulation source is showing anything to the left. I attach an image as reference.
screenshot.PNG
EDIT 2: I re-installed my previous version and the problem persisted. However after deleting the folder "C:\Users\<myname>\AppData\Roaming\vital" the problem went away, and now I'm at v1.0.7 and I'm seeing the modulation's visual feedback there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

is there already a native M1 build?

Checking this out

Feature request! Sample starting phase modulation destination for sample OSC!
Sometimes it's needed for some randomness (with random mod source)

Really happy with vital here and I got the pro version too great sound but do anyone have any tips when it comes to the cpu hit ???
I try to lower the voices .

Influx808 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:22 pm Really happy with vital here and I got the pro version too great sound but do anyone have any tips when it comes to the cpu hit ???
I try to lower the voices .
Everything is run at 2x oversampling by default, you could reduce that to 1x if you want to save some processing power.

Return to “Instruments”