Air Music Technology's Drum Synth 500

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No issues here either.

Some notoriously have computer issues...

Or you've just been lucky. Do you want to roll the dice with your DAW ?

You might want to actually read those threads before claiming "user error". :wink:

And again have you recently installed any Air plugins within the time fram of the complaints ? That was the question. Not "have you ever had problems with Pace".
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Just to understand: You yon't use your AIR plugins because you fear to have the issues described by someone on the internet?

Hmm.. it puzzles me that you use Windows then. Loads of issues people have with it on the net. ;)

Still 9.99USD on AudioDeluxe (93% off!) but I am not even tempted...my experiences with AIR stuff is that its just not worth the HD space or time to install/learn. Stick to supported software that is still being developed.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:43 pm Just to understand: You yon't use your AIR plugins because you fear to have the issues described by someone on the internet?

Hmm.. it puzzles me that you use Windows then. Loads of issues people have with it on the net. ;)
Read my edit above.

No I fear hosing my DAW by messing with the Pace installation which get its hooks so far into your system that it can be bricked...... :wink:

I would eventually like to uninstall Pace but still have Air plugins used in older projects so keep them installed until I can eventually replace them.

Again read the threads I linked to. It's a known issue by Air that was supposed be fixed but according to the posts in those threads still exists. It has to do with some Air plugins installing a different or older version of Pace causing the issue.

Again my question was have you installed any Air plugins lately? I have not so wonder if there is some risk in doing so these days. If you can't answer that question then please move on. I don't need any of your snarky comments. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:47 pm Still 9.99USD on AudioDeluxe (93% off!) but I am not even tempted...my experiences with AIR stuff is that its just not worth the HD space or time to install/learn. Stick to supported software that is still being developed.
There is a thread from today where Simon is asking for beta testers:

"Air has been working on revised builds for Windows and Mac for our existing products to improve OS support and user experience. Additionally, new products have been created but our priority is the support updates".

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=561389

I have contacted him with a tentative offer to test. I do have an older Win 10 system that I can use for testing although I will not test on my studio computer.

Contact him by PM if you're interested in testing.

Again my question was have you installed any Air plugins lately?

Installed DS500 yesterday. It recognized Pace was newer, and didn't replace. Auth was no prob, working fine.
Most recent of about a dozen Air plugs here, never an auth issue.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:56 pm
SLiC wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:47 pm Still 9.99USD on AudioDeluxe (93% off!) but I am not even tempted...my experiences with AIR stuff is that its just not worth the HD space or time to install/learn. Stick to supported software that is still being developed.
There is a thread from today where Simon is asking for beta testers:

"Air has been working on revised builds for Windows and Mac for our existing products to improve OS support and user experience. Additionally, new products have been created but our priority is the support updates".

viewtopic.php?f=265&t=561389

I have contacted him with a tentative offer to test. I do have an older Win 10 system that I can use for testing although I will not test on my studio computer.

Contact him by PM if you're interested in testing.
Interesting- I have their 'bundle of everything' from way back but didn't even bother re-installing it after changing to a bigger SSD (I just have Loom II installed I think...)

They have promised updates/GUI fixes etc (many years ago!) and I had given it up as abandonware, lets hope I was wrong!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Just bought it for 8.72 Euro. The VST runs fine on my Mac mini M1. The standalone has issues with the sample rate setting, no sound. I just removed that application and the VST still runs fine. I am happy. 2 activations possible via iLok account.

NTO wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:08 pm Again my question was have you installed any Air plugins lately?
Installed DS500 yesterday. It recognized Pace was newer, and didn't replace. Auth was no prob, working fine.
Most recent of about a dozen Air plugs here, never an auth issue.
Thank you for an actual answer :tu:

I own a ton of Air plugins but haven't updated Pace in a long time because if it ain't broke....don't break it.

Like I said the only issue I have ever had with Pace was years ago when I accepted an update offered through the e-licenser program itself and that update broke all my licenses. All I did was click "OK" to accept the update so not much chance for "user error". I don't remember exactly what I had to do to get them back but it involved contacting Pace and going back and forth. All I remember was it left a lasting impression on me "don't do that again".

So my Pace install is probably a few years old at this point.

For the record I have no issue with the Air plugins themselves only the CP method they chose. With Air selling plugins dirt cheap like the DS 500 for $10 or Hybrid for $1 I think their anti-piracy argument has sort of gone out the window..... :shrug:

I'll probably purchase DS 500 even if I only install it on a spare system and use it to make drum loop wavs for use in my DAW..... :tu:

got it for $9 and it is pretty good ! i see someone mention SR88, i got these 2 vsti, it is 2 different drums machine. get the free one and get the AIR, for this price it is a good deal.working perfectly under reaper on osx 10.14
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

The problem for Air is once you start selling even your newest products for 9 bucks (and older products for 1 buck) you have no market other than bargain-bucket. Who in their right mind will pay real money for anything they make knowing after a very shoprt time you can pick it up for next to nothing (so zero resale value if nothing else!)

IMHO Vacuum Pro, Hybrid and Loom were all good products in the day, if they had been updated properly and supported they would still be great virtual instruments.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:52 pm Again my question was have you installed any Air plugins lately?
TBH, no. But, I always thought that both iLok and eLicenser skip the installation, when the plugin wants to install an older version of the copy protection software, if a newer version is already installed.

At least eLicenser works that way. Would be very surprising if iLok wouldn't.

I wonder if $9.99 really is 93% off, it could be a 93% addition to the real value :P
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:24 pm
Teksonik wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:52 pm Again my question was have you installed any Air plugins lately?
TBH, no. But, I always thought that both iLok and eLicenser skip the installation, when the plugin wants to install an older version of the copy protection software, if a newer version is already installed.

At least eLicenser works that way. Would be very surprising if iLok wouldn't.
Since I'm the one who started the thread Teksonik is referring to, no, at least not the specific plugins I referred to in my thread weren't.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”