DIVA for old school, what is the one for latest sounds?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Literally listened to every synth suggested here and have decided I have most of those kinds of sounds in the many, modern, very good free VSTs I have: Cobalt, Helm, MauSynth, Superwave, Surge, Triple Cheese, Tyrell, Vital, Zebralette.

Very interesting though. Thanks for all the input!

Newfangled Audio's Generate sounds pretty bonkers modern to me. What is it again, swinging pendulum synthesis??

I think you should try the free vital and surge.

Well, Serum seems very popular for the "latest sounds" and it's fast and relatively easy to program. Powerful too. Presets are everywhere and Youtube is full of tutorials

Tronam wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:56 am Newfangled Audio's Generate sounds pretty bonkers modern to me. What is it again, swinging pendulum synthesis??

He can get pendulums with the free Pendulate.

yup, I'm covered with the best freebies

i have too many synths to keep my mind peaceful and productive, and i think synthmaster might be worth looking into. it's got some niggles here and there, but all the sounds are there are a very high audio rate that can keep up with diva as a modern sounds box, and the price is right. just settle on one of the new guis and leave it there. the oscillators are sampled, so the download might be a little larger then you want.

my vote goes to serum as well!

What is the ONE, easy to program, great sounding MODERN synth?

I know, I know, this will generate a million personal opinions, but just want some input about what is GREAT, SIMPLE, FAST, and covers the most? Hopefully SMALL enough too, not like with 40GB of samples.
There are many that can do what you are looking to do. My favorites, operating under your parameters:

Serum
Hive
Pigments
Vital

If you want to hear/see what's possible with Vital, check out the vids in this channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/DashGlitch/videos

Genesis Pro. It changed the game.

wwjd wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 am Literally listened to every synth suggested here and have decided I have most of those kinds of sounds in the many, modern, very good free VSTs I have: Cobalt, Helm, MauSynth, Superwave, Surge, Triple Cheese, Tyrell, Vital, Zebralette.

From that list, you don't have a freebie that can do what Bazille can do... I think there is a 'free' reduced version of Bazille too!

There are lots of great modern synth plugins, but Dune is the one I find most consistently inspiring. Possibly due to the quality of the presets? I haven’t spent much time trying to make my own patches with it, as I’m mostly a subtractive simpleton who’s still stuck in the early 80s.

For context, I also have Massive, Massive X, Hive 2, Zebra 2, Pigments, Parallels, and several others. I don’t have (and have never used) Serum or Synthmaster. They both look good; I just already have too many.
Stormchild

pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:39 am
wwjd wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:27 am Literally listened to every synth suggested here and have decided I have most of those kinds of sounds in the many, modern, very good free VSTs I have: Cobalt, Helm, MauSynth, Superwave, Surge, Triple Cheese, Tyrell, Vital, Zebralette.

From that list, you don't have a freebie that can do what Bazille can do... I think there is a 'free' reduced version of Bazille too!
yeah, never been a modular fan, but I guess I should add that for free cool presets

What value would have the latest sound if tomorrow it isn’t the latest anymore? Just wait for tomorrow and any sound is old school...;-)

My latest sounding VST is Plasmonic btw...

Return to “Instruments”