XILS-lab KaoX coming soon ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They should use Youtube for their product vids... can't even watch the video, as their server is so slow.

Is there a video for this new one?

EDIT: I right-clicked on that link and chose 'Open in new tab' and then it worked.
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, right-click on the link above, and choose Open in new tab. It's very slow though.

Edit: You beat me to it. ;)

Got it, thanks.

8-op seems a strange choice for a GS-1 inspired synth, tbh

Wonder if these 'chaos oscillators' are like the ones on Pendulate/Generate?
The video sounds nice enough, but nothing leapt out as something I couldn't make with other things I own.
That said their demos are usually pretty 'safe' and some of their plugins are capable of really crazy stuff.

Sad to not see Lotuzia's name up there. :(

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I love the wood, what wood is it?

simmo75 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:36 pm I love the wood, what wood is it?
I think they get it from the forest next to the factory that does the screws

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

I don't know what company to blame for these types of demos, but they're universally awful. The CGI model of the soft synth gets 90% of the screen time, a brief description of the actual synth.. it's like they thought, hey! NI glam videos offers too much information and not enough time in them is spent on CGI animation.

That said it looks like a cool combination of emulation of old hardware and new ideas. I've hoped that XILS would go in that direction.

NikkiA wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 pm 8-op seems a strange choice for a GS-1 inspired synth, tbh
The original GS1 had a unique 4x 2-Op system, so it did have 8 operators, albeit not in the same way an FVX1, FS1R or MODX has.

machinesworking wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:19 pm I don't know what company to blame for these types of demos, but they're universally awful.
The video posted here is without context. In the direct mailing they sent out, it's clear this is a teaser, not a demo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teaser_campaign

As usual, looks interesting. Way to go XILS.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

That's a pretty extreme contrast between a modern flat UI on top and a skeuomorphic 70s wooden synth on the bottom. I guess it sort of works in the teaser video but I am afraid it will look weird in the actual synth UI.

NikkiA wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:04 pm 8-op seems a strange choice for a GS-1 inspired synth, tbh
The GS-1 had 8 operators, arranged as four carriers, four modulators, and eight envelope generators.

Return to “Instruments”