Contest: February - Gossip "The results are in"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Eauson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:51 am Sorry, I didn’t realise it had to be identifiable ;)
:tu:
groovy piece - I loved that it didn't sound like anything but fracture of the midi
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Saffran wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:51 pm
Eauson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:51 am
GMoneh wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:00 am Eauson - Midi: A bit repetitive for me at the beginning. More than 1 minute in and things haven't changed yet. I know, that's a staple of EDM, but what is good for dancing does not necessarily works for listening. Also, couldn't recognize any part of the original MIDI file here.
It’s basically all teh midi notes compacted down into this loop
Sorry, I didn’t realise it had to be identifiable ;) :tu:
It seems my contribution was too identifiable. :tu:
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. :D
I wasn’t sure, I’m sure it was okay to add/subtract, so I ended up just merging and deleting :)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Mister Natural wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:51 pm
Eauson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:51 am Sorry, I didn’t realise it had to be identifiable ;)
groovy piece - I loved that it didn't sound like anything but fracture of the midi
Thanks, I’m always unsure, as Music Cafe seems to be filled with musicians, where as I’m just someone who uses a computer to make sound ;)
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 pm ... I’m just someone who uses a computer to make sound ;)
practice, practice, practice

Mister Natural wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:07 pm
Eauson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 pm ... I’m just someone who uses a computer to make sound ;)
practice, practice, practice
I do, & I am happy to be a person who uses a computer to make sound ;)

John Cage wrote:Everything we do is music.

farlukar wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:23 pm
DrApostropheX wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:36 pm
PS -- does anyone know where this MIDI file came from? Is it like The Ring or Sonic.exe or something, where it's some kind of cursed object that no one knows the origin of?
AIVA, As noted here
Wow. I didn't know such things existed. It's bad enough computers are coming for our jobs, now they're writing our cheesy MIDI tunes, too! :dog:
GLHF! (Gandalf Lives, Hobbits Forever!)

It seems to me that the more abstract the theme is the less there is participation. A well structured idea or even an actual file - another source file after some months is very wellcome - wakes the creativity up much better. It also makes voting somewhat easier because the productions tend to form a tighter group in the field of all possibilities.

Now let's see what March brings from the field.

For me, fiddling with a synth, will it really happen...

Eauson wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:56 pm Thanks, I’m always unsure, as Music Cafe seems to be filled with musicians, where as I’m just someone who uses a computer to make sound ;)
I'm not a musician either. I am a painter of sounds :-) I have to check the piano roll in which key I am messing around. ;-)

I am a Dutch teacher who messes with music in his spare time.

I was glad to have a song as a midifile because i'm blocked in producing a song of my own.
I was a bit sad when i got the hidden message that we where supposed to come up with something else that don't sound like the song.

I'll probably never be a musician. :shrug: :D

I'm also having problem producing music without Kvr Contest, but for me, it doesn't matter if is Midi, or any other contest theme most work for me. I don't have problem with coming up with new music, but lack of inspiration that's where Kvr Contest for example comes up.

But it does happen that I have lost inspiration in the middle of a song, for example, Country&Western contest, bam it is gone.

yo ^
sounds completely normal
pandemic isn't helping anyone's mental space

I'm collecting the voting now, so the result coming later today.

The result.

Seva Randeep Sing 95
The Noodlist 81
GMoneh 70

Mister Natural 69
Hellfog 57
Beanpole 56
Laguna Rising 54
Wild Parsons 55
Dr. ApostropheX 50
Harvon 48
Pur Boeuf 43
Farlurker 37
Eauson 31
Saffran 24

Congratulations all.

The votes this time gave a winner with a comfortable cap to next positions.

Congratulations to everybody!

Return to “Music Cafe”